Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tenancy issue advice

hi there
    just wondering if the good experts on here can offer a bit of advice.
    not expecting sypathy or the like, its finished apart from getting my bond back,
    I wanting to know what i could have done better for the future

I was a fixed term tenant in the country, paid bond, rent on time etc.
    the issues started when the owners cows were in the nearby padocks, id have no water for up to 12hrs.
    relayed this multiple times to the LL via email and txt, told "ah well the cows must be taking the water". cant wont do anything about it

power issues of one meter between the portacom(me) and the cottage.
    up to 2months delay of handing over power bills, late in the month expecting them to be paid instantly, not small bills either

anyways fixed term ended, asked for 3 month extention- fixed term, paperwork was never given etc.( only because there was no where else to rent nearby)

power and water issues continuted, so managed to buy a house and get the hell out.

I ended up only giving 12 days notice i was leaving the shit hole and they were ok with that due to prior notice i was house hunting.

I tried to via email text and phone for an in-person final inspection while i was there- refused

its been 3 weeks and struggling to get my bond back- them citing waiting on final power readings and the power bills dates back to dec.

ive cited section 45-1-ca as well as going to the TT.

Ive since paid the power but still having trouble trying to get a signed bond form back

What are your professional LL thoughts on this?

Was the electric on a check meter (showing your actual usage) or was the LL estimating the bill? Sounds a bit casual to me. Phone up the bond centre and ask them if they even have your bond. He could be in for a decent fine if not.

At the end of the fixed term, without the paperwork your tenancy would of become periodic requiring 21 days notice to terminate. So you owe him another 9 days rent but if he’s bent the rules in places, like it sounds, he may end up owing you a fair bit more if it went to tribunal.

Phone tenancy services and discuss it with them but be wary as not all of their advice is good all the time either.
    Last edited by Perry; 19-03-2018, 07:33 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

You can and should complete the bond form with just your signature and send it in. Immediately. The Bond Centre's process is to contact the other party. If no response within the required time the bond will be released to you. If the other party does not agree they must apply to the Tenancy Tribunal with reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Learning View Post
        Was the electric on a check meter (showing your actual usage) or was the LL estimating the bill? Sounds a bit casual to me. Phone up the bond centre and ask them if they even have your bond. He could be in for a decent fine if not.

At the end of the fixed term, without the paperwork your tenancy would of become periodic requiring 21 days notice to terminate. So you owe him another 9 days rent but if he’s bent the rules in places, like it sounds, he may end up owing you a fair bit more if it went to tribunal.

Phone tenancy services and discuss it with them but be wary as not all of their advice is good all the time either.
        Thanks all for the help.
        No check meter as far as I can teĺl. 1rd/2rd as the bill shows. Bit stupid when the cottage has a 7.5kw heat pump vs no heating.
        I done the form this morning and it's gone

Comment

Working...
        X