Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roof Leaks And Moisture Problem Resolved in Greensboro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Leaks And Moisture Problem Resolved in Greensboro!

Hello All,

I have gone through with roof leak and moisture problem. Leaks can result when single-ply membrane roofs installed with poor seams. You’ve got to have good seams with single-ply because if you don’t, you don’t have much. The membranes themselves will hold water. You’ve got to have the seams either glued or appropriately heat-welded. It is the thing you need to do when you are facing this kind of issue. Since I have got my roof repaired by some professional roofing contractors in Greensboro, I would like to share this with you all.

Thank you

Hi Christysk,

Welcome to PropertyTalk. So you're in North Carolina - I guess using plywood for the roof is common there?

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

When we specify membranes in our architectural practice in NZ, we always go with 2 layer torch on systems, i.e. seams must be fully welded to each other and not simply bonded with glue. Plywood underneath is the norm.

Comment

seams can be bonded rather than glued and this is more reliable and permanent. The glue used to adhere the sheets is not iontended to be imersed in water and this is why glued seams fail over time

Comment

Working...
        X