Mortgage Pre-Approval Broker Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage Pre-Approval Broker Issues

Does anyone know if its possible to go to a different mortgage brokers and banks to get a pre-approval if I already have a pre-approval with NZHL?

The person I was dealing with has left the company and I have moved cities so asked the local NZHL office to see if they can move my account to the city I live in now.

After speaking with the broker initially I have not heard anything back even though I have sent emails and left VMs. There is only 1 broker in that office.
    I haven't even heard from the original office saying who is taking over my account.

Just wanting to make sure I am not screwing myself if I start looking else where now even though a pre-approval has been given through NZHL

NZHL is only offering one product basically and for servicing it's pretty middle of the road. An impartial Broker can look at the whole market and advise on a range of products. You have to be careful though, not a good idea to scattergun applications as this can damage your credit file. what's the purpose in getting a pre-approval? Have you found something or simply making sure you can get the finance you desire?
    www.ilender.co.nz
    Financial Paramedics

Comment

Originally posted by brokerman View Post
      NZHL is only offering one product basically and for servicing it's pretty middle of the road. An impartial Broker can look at the whole market and advise on a range of products. You have to be careful though, not a good idea to scattergun applications as this can damage your credit file. What's the purpose in getting a pre-approval? Have you found something or simply making sure you can get the finance you desire?
      Yeah was worried about the scatter gun approach after seeing my brother screw himself over by applying at 4 different places just for a regular loan.
      But since the NZHL local person is not getting back to me for anything, have no choice but to look else where.

Was only with NZHL as the person we originally with before he left was someone I new personally.

For getting the pre-approval, both to see what we can get pre-approved on as we do have something we would like to buy in a few weeks when the house reno is finished and put up for sale.

A real estate agent has shown us the place halfway through the reno and we are keen all depending how it looks when its finished and want to get a offer in before they start marketing the place.

Comment

All good! Hope it all works out
        www.ilender.co.nz
        Financial Paramedics

Comment

Working...
        X