Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unconsented toilet in a garage

Hello everyone.

I found this property that I like to put an offer but it has unconsented toilet in the garage.
    The agent is telling me that the vendor is willing to remove the unconsented toilet if that might cause problem with financing,
    they could make the toilet look as if it never existed then once i got the property i could easily setup it up.
    My question is once they accepted my offer should I asked them first to remove the toilet before the builders inspector look at the property?
    Will the builder inspector really won't be able to see that?

Thanks again in advance.

The building inspector is likely to not cross check what they find in the building with council records unless you specifically ask them to or you provide the council records.

A building inspector will look at the existing building as is and give you their professional opinion on the current condition of the property and sometimes an opinion on the quality of the work

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I would just leave it in place . The previous owner set it up so remains their cause and effect. If you get them to remove it and the building inspector does not see it then it becomes your illegality once you reinstall it.

Comment

Working...
        X