• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Our PM ran an open home today in Hamilton, 30 people thru in 30 minutes, re 1 per minute. With a number of investors quitting the market and causing rental increases starting to wonder if Jacinda and & Twitford are really our secret friends lol

Established and well financed landlords generally do very nicely under a Labour administration.

Gets all the bunnies out of the market.

Default ID Crisis

Unless the LL is a council, it seems.

Long-term council housing tenants surprised by sudden eviction notice
    1 March 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuff
    A New Plymouth beneficiary, recently recovered from cancer, had been left "stunned" after receiving a sudden eviction notice from the New Plymouth District Council-owned house she has rented for the past five years. PDC housing officer Kaye Thorpe said in the notice a review of the water treatment plant and buildings had identified land which was required for site safety and security management, and future storage and lay down areas. "Accordingly the council had approved the sale and removal of the houses by public tender," she said.
    That should give the New Plymouth gNat MP some ammo to fire at Twitford, Taxcindarella et al.

I've seen it locally, so perhaps "identified" is a newish council buzzword.
    With all the Draconian new laws for residential rental LLs, perhaps AirBnB would be better? To avoid any hassle in Hawke's Bay, consult Be My Hostess. Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Default Next Step

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Who amongst us - let alone the NZPIF - has the energy to make a complaint to the Press Council pointing out that the item is a lie: NZ does not have a capital gains tax.

EDIT
    O.K. Lead by example. (So tis said.)
    I have e-lodged a formal complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Well, I never!
    The Stuff item has been amended, since I lodged my complaint.
    The inclusion of the word comprehensive is a strawman logical fallacy intended to distract readers from the false CGT information still embedded in the article.
    [To be continued.]
    Being dis-satisfied with the Stuff response, the matter has now progressed to the Press Council.

As the expression goes: watch this space.
    With all the Draconian new laws for residential rental LLs, perhaps AirBnB would be better? To avoid any hassle in Hawke's Bay, consult Be My Hostess. Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Renters trash Christchurch property, costing owner potentially 'hundreds of thousands'
    6 March 2018
    A Christchurch rental property owner is facing potentially "hundreds of thousands" of dollars worth of repairs after tenants trashed their home when they were evicted. Plywood and flattened Double Brown beer boxes cover the broken windows of the east Christchurch home, which also has holes in the walls and an empty space where the hot water cylinder was stolen from.

The property's owner, who did not want to be named, said he found upwards of four tonnes of rubbish and abandoned belongings strewn through the house and around the section after the tenants were given 40 days to vacate the premises when they stopped paying rent.
    Of course - they were obviously not evicted - they were given an eviction notice and went crazy. How they suffer.

Those poor, disadvantaged, down-trodden, exploited and under-privileged things called tenants.

40 days sounds odd.

Default Some Scumbags on This Side, Too.

Woman calls in debt collector after former landlord fails to pay up
    6 March 2018
    A woman has resorted to seeking the help of a debt collector to get back money owed to her family by a former landlord. Two years on from when Bronwyn Washer's rental nightmare began, and despite a Tenancy Tribunal ruling in her favour, she is still out of pocket by $2385.

"It has been widely assumed that the Tax Working Group will back a broader capital gains tax, for example on income from investment property and shares"

A CGT on income? - that's weird.

Default One Step Forward; Four Steps Back

Another interesting item.
    7 March 2018
    DUAL OBLIGATION
    "Preventing mould in a house is a dual obligation of the tenant and landlord," noted a tribunal adjudicator in a Rotorua case in February. "The tenant must live in a way that avoids mould developing by heating and ventilating the house, and wiping away daily condensation that arises from ordinary living; and a landlord must provide a house that is not prone to mould, fix any issue creating mould; and provide the means to heat and ventilate it."

Neither can simply assert the other is at fault, and expect to win their case before the tribunal, which does not have the power to forbid a landlord to re-let a substandard home, or ban landlords who wantonly let substandard properties.
    Starts out with some balance, but slides away from that, as one reads on.

Quote Originally Posted by flyernzl View Post
    "It has been widely assumed that the Tax Working Group will back a broader capital gains tax, for example on income from investment property and shares"

A CGT on income? - that's weird.
    Yeah what is that? There is already an income tax on income.

Or is this that thing about a CGT on the % growth in value each year (even though it's not realised). I recall something like that - I guess it's like a provisional tax.

cheers,

Donna
    PropertyTalk Blog - property articles

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Thread Information