No announcement yet.

South Auckland vs Hamilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's YOUR timeframe and objectives Natetrade? What properties have you seen that you are considering?
    HW

Comment

Originally posted by HouseWorks View Post
      What's YOUR timeframe and objectives Natetrade? What properties have you seen that you are considering?
      HW

It will be a buy and hold strategy (15-20 years)

Value - nothing over 650k (can't fund anything higher under the current .35 LVR restrictions)

I will consider a unit or stand alone house.

Will consider value add to improve net yield (i.e. add an extra room, cosmetic touches etc).

Comment

What research have you done and what specific properties have you come up with that fit the bill? No need to identify the actual property if you don't want to

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSky View Post
          Such as........
          Shares of course
          crypto currency 藍藍
          Gamble

Comment

What research have you done and what specific properties have you come up with that fit the bill? No need to identify the actual property if you don't want to
            Hi HouseWorks - sorry for my late reply.

I am targeting properties around the university (i.e. Hamilton East, Hillcrest etc.). There are some properties that can have value added to them (extra bedroom, repaint, landscaping etc), but I have not tracked their current market value. My question remains, what type of net yields are people getting in Hamilton?

Comment

Some areas are siting under everyone's radar. By that i mean located close to prestigious amenities and ready to transform. Here is one /Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1528122587

Zoned URBAN means the land can hold extra value....go see

Cheers

kiwi

Comment

Otara thumbs up

Comment

I could not put the webli nk but it is a trademe listing check out unitary plan

Comment

Hi Naterade - just reviving this thread as we're in a similar position to you (we live just north of Hamilton and are looking in similar areas). Did you end up making a first purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                      Hi Naterade - just reviving this thread as we're in a similar position to you (we live just north of Hamilton and are looking in similar areas). Did you end up making a first purchase?
                      No I think he got paralysed by analysis.

Comment

That can be very painful, I hear.

Comment

Hi Magpie - no contrary to the below post, I did not suffer paralysis by analysis. I decided instead to further develop my house residence (extract the capital from that and then invest in a residential property somewhere in Auckland or Hamilton.

I'm still unsure of where to invest, however, SA is looking slightly better at the moment I think due to the current state of the market (C/F Hamilton - think counter cyclical here) and also because I think the long term capital gains are slightly better in SA c/f Hamilton. That's not to say Hamilton will bring a poor return, just that the fundamental's aren't quite as good. Hamilton will beat Tauranga and most other provincial NZ areas hands down.

Happy to discuss further.

Comment

Thanks, Natetrade. The gross yields in Hamilton look to be around 4.5 - 5% at the moment. The attraction for us is that it's close to home - but we're thinking we should perhaps look further afield, given the current situation.

Comment

Working...
                            X