Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys - can't remember if I've asked this before, but is there a way to limit the new posts list/search to only NZ forums?

Cheers
    Gerrard

Hello Gerrard

Good question! Yep you can - you need to access the advance search web page which gives you the ability to select what forums you would like to search within.

To access the advance search web page click on the search link within the blue strip above and then on the drop down search box click the Advance Search link.

On the Advance Search web page on the right hand side is a section called Search in Forum(s) You can then select the "New Zealand" and it will search all the New Zealand forums! To search through all of the New Zealand forums make sure you leave "Also search in child forums" ticked. In nerd speak a child forum is any forum that is under another forum.

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

Hi Marc,

Good Answer, but to a different question.

Doing that doesn't allow searching for new (i.e. new since the user last logged in) posts.

cube
      DFTBA

Comment

Originally posted by cube
        Hi Marc,

Good Answer, but to a different question.

Doing that doesn't allow searching for new (i.e. new since the user last logged in) posts.

cube
        Yes your right - sorry about that.

The information above is for all posts not just new ones. Let me check with Sarah to see how we can customised the new search option.

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Hello all,

Good news! SarahK will update the New Posts feature next week to allow for a more fine tuned search - I think we will have a drop down list that goes something like this

General (means all)
          New Zealand
          Asia New
          etc...

Cheers

marc

Comment

Actually, I was thinking that each forum would have it's own new posts link, as per the main forum, that you can then copy into your favourites...

how does that sound?
            Charging enough rent?
            NZ Scams to Avoid
            Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

That'll do me!

Thanks

Comment

Hello Sarah

same here!

Comment

ok thanks marc and sarah. It wasn't much of a issue for me untill today. Normally I ignore those from other countries. But todays 6 identical posts from wealthspy across all commercial forums seems to outline maybe we do need refined new posts links. As the site gets busier in future I am sure other numerous country posts may be too much to scroll thru

Comment

Wow, they're operating in all those regions?
                    Charging enough rent?
                    NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

Hi

I've put in the new posts and how it works depends on how deep in the forum you are - I've tried to keep it consistent with the existing layout.

You will either see new posts on the forum title bar or you will see it on the Forum Tools menu drop down.

The link is essentially

which is then converted into a search id - and you can't bookmark those. So if you want to add the link to your favourites you will need to right mouse click and "copy link location"

Enjoy and let me know if you have any problems!

Sarah
                      Charging enough rent?
                      NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

Thanks Sarah, that's great.

Are the frorums also RSSified? I thought they were but just had a look now and couldn't find any RSS links.

I came across an RSS link in the blogs section but this seemed to include all blog, articles and news. Is it all lumped together or is there a way to get separate feeds for each thing?

Thanks
                        Gerrard

Comment

Originally posted by Gerrard
                          Are the frorums also RSSified?
                          The frorums sure are

The link is http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/external.php for the full forum

or change it like this http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/ex...forumids=76,55 to include only particular forums.

Where the search includes child forums the RSS feed doesn't so you have to quite specific about which forum you want.

To get the forum number just look at the address bar when you click into a forum. For instance when I go to Property Investment (NZ) I can see that the forum id is 55.

If you want more than one forum just separate the numbers with a comma.

The feed only supplies 15 posts.

Sarah
                          Charging enough rent?
                          NZ Scams to Avoid

Comment

Thanks Sarah

As an example I made a shortcut which bookmarked goes to all new posts in forums except Other countries.

Just customise the Forum id's to suit your new post criteria and bookmark it.

Comment

Perfect - thanks Sarah.

Comment

Working...
                              X