• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nick G View Post
    I think they look at peak season. My PM says 50% drops year on year for 3 years now.
    I seriously doubt any property manager or reporter looks at any figures apart from the numbers on the busses.
    Here are some figures to confuse and educate everyone. Just looking at Wellington to let on Trademe at the beginning of each month.
    Jan13 Mar13 Mar14 Feb15 Nov15 Feb16 Nov16 Feb17 Nov17
    1805 1507 1570 1782 1186 1379 756 1008 733

So were do the reporters get their stories out of these figures?
    Last edited by Perry; 20-11-2017 at 08:59 AM. Reason: formatting

Default Chickens Coming Home to What Roosting Places?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Labour Party HQ?

More follow up, here.

Victoria University of Wellington Student Association president Rory Lenihan-Ikin said a Government policy to increase student livings costs by $50 a week would be cannibalised by the increased price of accommodation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff
    "When I first got a flat in 2013 I was paying $150 and that was very normal. Now the average in the student suburbs in Wellington is $218, according to the most recent data we've had."

SIX REASONS 2018 COULD BE RENTERS' YEAR OF HELL
    1. Potential cost increases due to regulatory demand could reduce investment in rentals
    2. Potential tax changes to rental properties, including capital gains, could put off investors
    3. Possible Government staff growth could increase demand
    4. Credit restrictions on investor could reduce purchase of rentals
    5. First-home buyers' inability to save a 20 per cent deposit stops transitions from rental to ownership
    6. Affordability of new homes
    Try Radenbrea Studios for hand-made designer jewellery. Especially if you're looking for a great gift for your lady love.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    At the moment they are quoting numbers reported by TradeMe. As previously discussed TM have a truckload of data and it is obvious they are not using snapshots on a day. I would say they are using new listings in a period. Nothing wrong with either measurement but they are apples and oranges. My recent experience (last month) with a Wellington city fringe rental is hundreds of TradeMe views in the first two days and a large pool of good applicants to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    At the moment they are quoting numbers reported by TradeMe. As previously discussed TM have a truckload of data and it is obvious they are not using snapshots on a day. I would say they are using new listings in a period. Nothing wrong with either measurement but they are apples and oranges. My recent experience (last month) with a Wellington city fringe rental is hundreds of TradeMe views in the first two days and a large pool of good applicants to choose from.
    Oh absolutely completely agree 100%.But how does one get your hands on data that is not published. All I can do is use what is available. There is a reasonable co relationship so a reasonable assumption can be drawn from the snap shots.
    There simply is no way one can have an intelligent discussion about hidden statistics that only party has access to and uses to achieve their own agenda. (as apposed to my agenda!)

Thread Information