• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

Default Credit worthiness checks - Who what were etc etc

Hi,
    Am new here, What's cost of doing credit check and who/what/where do I go to do it?
    Thanks

Curious, is this to check yourself, or a prospective tenant? I know places like Credit Simple now offer these online.

To check prospective tenants - I read somewhere here, TINZ and one other I dont recall but am really wanting to know who's cheapest & quickest

Cheapest and quickest? That could depend on the volume of checks you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Keys View Post
    Have 3 rentals & need to check applicants, thankfully, once in a blue moon - the other thread re exemplary damages was on behalf of friend of friend (tenant) in adverse conditions, seeking help when unfairly and badly treated by agent of zero compassion with bad attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Keys View Post
    Reminds me of . . .
    You can choose any two of our three options:
    * Good
    * Quick
    * Cheap.

Try Radenbrea Studios for hand-made designer jewellery. Especially if you're looking for a great gift for your lady love.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Reminds me of . . .
    You can choose any two of our three options:
    * Good
    * Quick
    * Cheap.

Working on good
    Who would you use ?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidag View Post
    To check prospective tenants - I read somewhere here, TINZ and one other I dont recall but am really wanting to know who's cheapest & quickest
    I used to be a high user but now am a low user! So I moved from one provider to another after I sold my business.
    If you become a member of your local Property Investors association you can get a good deal off TINZ. TINZ do of course sell to people who are not members but it costs you a bit more per check. I retain my account at Equifax because they do a few transactions that TINZ do not provide.

Default Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beano View Post
    Working on good
    Who would you use ?
    I think Glenn has given you an answer.

On a couple of occasions I have asked Orion to check on someone, but they were the only credit checks I'd ever done.

What surprised me was that legal practices don't have such facilities available for their clients.
    Try Radenbrea Studios for hand-made designer jewellery. Especially if you're looking for a great gift for your lady love.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Thread Information