• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Try the media or at least the threat of the media. John Campbell or fair go?

Whose the builder? Some of us in the know might be able to shed some light. When housing companies like Horncastle Homes are shutting up shop in Auckland things are not good. From my experience when building stalls it is usually because the subbies are not being paid. We have been watching a build in Beach Haven that has been stalled now for about 7 months. Network Builders have a sign out front and they appear to be still building elsewhere so who knows what's happened with this place.
    You could always try the Council and see what progress there is with the inspections.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehole View Post
    Whose the builder? Some of us in the know might be able to shed some light. When housing companies like Horncastle Homes are shutting up shop in Auckland things are not good. From my experience when building stalls it is usually because the subbies are not being paid. We have been watching a build in Beach Haven that has been stalled now for about 7 months. Network Builders have a sign out front and they appear to be still building elsewhere so who knows what's happened with this place.
    You could always try the Council and see what progress there is with the inspections.

The builder is named ravenstone homes. They have a portfolio of hones from takanini to flatbush

Have you purchased the property directly through Ravenstone Homes? You mention vendor so wonder who is selling the property to you?

Have you purchased the property directly through Ravenstone Homes? You mention vendor so wonder who is selling the property to you?

Purchsed the property through a vendor

Quote Originally Posted by seith_1031 View Post
    Purchsed the property through a vendor
    Then I guess that your problem is with the person that has the contract with Ravenstone Homes? I would go to Phillip Lee and ask him if he knows what the hold up is. Maybe the vendor is not in a position to complete the build? House prices appear to be coming down and I noticed Universal Homes advertising on tv (something they never do) completed homes and townhouses for sale. Think they have been sitting awhile and they want the cash flow. It could be in your interest to terminate the agreement and find something else already built that someone desperately wants to sell? The market is really weird at present, has been since the elections.

Then I guess that your problem is with the person that has the contract with Ravenstone Homes? I would go to Phillip Lee and ask him if he knows what the hold up is. Maybe the vendor is not in a position to complete the build? House prices appear to be coming down and I noticed Universal Homes advertising on tv (something they never do) completed homes and townhouses for sale. Think they have been sitting awhile and they want the cash flow. It could be in your interest to terminate the agreement and find something else already built that someone desperately wants to sell? The market is really weird at present, has been since the elections.
    2 weeks ago the agent asked me to contact ravenstone homes, which i did, then they said to contact my agent for updates, in which the agent’s response was: ‘get your solicitor to contact the vendor’

Quote Originally Posted by seith_1031 View Post
    2 weeks ago the agent asked me to contact ravenstone homes, which i did, then they said to contact my agent for updates, in which the agent’s response was: ‘get your solicitor to contact the vendor’
    When you say agent do you mean real estate agent? Have you contacted the vendor directly to ask what is going on? I'm pushy I would be contacting Ravenstone Homes and hassling them for answer on progress. Solicitors are useless.

It sounds like you're getting the run-around I reckon FairGo would be interested - they did one just recently so it could be a interest to them. I see there's a few listings on Ravenstone's website - could they be working harder for you? With the right motivation you should see some progress. What you're going through is newsworthy for sure.

cheers,

Donna
    PropertyTalkBlogs - property articles hub

BusinessBlogs- business articles hub

Thread Information