• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

Default Hot water cylinder. Rheem vs Rinnai?

The old low pressure hot water cylinder needs to go.

Contemplating which one I should get? Rheem or Rinnai?

They both looks OK. Rinnai is slightly cheaper than Rheem and I thought they are otherwise very similar.

Has anyone got any strong opinion for or against either one of them?
    Last edited by Perry; 04-11-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Compare the features, both are well known brands. If both the same then go with the cheapest or the nicest colour or the best sounding name or toss a coin

do yourself a favour and put gas hot water in

It's a rental so I don't need gas
    Last edited by Perry; 04-11-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Jumping on the tail of this thread, has anyone had any experience with heatpump water cylinders? I've been toying with the idea of going solar for hot water but looking into it it looks like a heatpump system would be a better way to go. I'd be replacing my old gas cylinder and dropping gas completely, saving $1.10/day on line charges. Running costs are just slightly in favor of solar but solar is 50% higher install cost. I'm guessing solar would also be effective only for around 6-9 months of the year where we live and need electric boost when electricity is at itís most expensive over winter.
    Last edited by Learning; 08-11-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Learning View Post
    Jumping on the tail of this thread, has anyone had any experience with heatpump water cylinders? I've been toying with the idea of going solar for hot water but looking into it it looks like a heatpump system would be a better way to go. I'd be replacing my old gas cylinder and dropping gas completely, saving $1.10/day on line charges. Running costs are just slightly in favor of solar but solar is 50% higher install cost. I'm guessing solar would also be effective only for around 6-9 months of the year where we live and need electric boost when electricity is at it’s most expensive over winter.
    I have researched hot water heat pumps extensively and they are the way to go. When we run out of fresh air then we are all in dire straits. They are slightly more expensive to install and not ideal if you are close to the sea, but other than that go for it. Plus they are located outside the house which frees up a closet inside for storage. I am looking forward to the day that I undertake a new build and can install one. Unless my relatively new electric one fizzes out first.

Thread Information