Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find a property manager in Auckland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Nick,

Find On google or any search engine...

Comment

in the central city

am happy using

this small, newish outfit

OneCiti is amongst top property management & investment companies in Auckland NZ. We offer boutique & apartment management services at central Auckland CBD. Contact us for positive cash flow property services.
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

Reposting something I said in 2016 here.

--------

When you think you've found a PM, do a search in the TT database here for their name, and then read the rulings. Pay attention to:

1. any patterns of bond not lodged,
        2. uncertainty about exactly what the rental arrears are
        3. how many weeks rent was owing
        4. whether the property was found abandoned.
        5. getting the timing wrong on serving notices
        6. exemplary damages awarded against them
        7. failure to win at the TT because the condition of the property wan't recorded and / or photographed at the start of the tenancy.

1. is a no go.
        2. is a no go.
        3. IMO, if they're on to things immediately for any missed rent payments they will get quicker TT rulings, thus reducing your exposure. You can often work out from the ruling how many weeks in arrears they were. My personal opinion is that 3-4 weeks is great, 5 weeks is 'Crap, but oh well', and 6 weeks plus is a definite warning sign.
        4. length of time to discover abandoned properties, or many abandoned properties should be another warning sign. If people do a runner, they don't carry on paying rent. And if they haven't paid rent the PM should be investigating and should spot that the property is empty pretty quickly.
        5. is 90% a no go
        6. mostly a no go, although occasionally the TT can be a bit harsh, especially with tricky / convoluted cases.
        7. depends on the circumstances - the TT can be a bit fickle about how much is good enough.

If you do this you should get an idea of how switched on / organised the PM is. One caveat though - it's a bit harder for the larger agencies, as it can vary by agent / office.

From memory, last time I looked, Rent Wellington looked fairly impressive. I found one or two real shockers too, so it pays to do your due diligence.

-------------

Oh - and ask to see a sample tenancy agreement. At the very least, if it doesn't have a 'joint and severally liable' clause, plus a 'tenant liability for collection costs' clause as a minimum I'd walk away.

And if you really want to dig - ask to see their terms and conditions for a fixed term tenancy. If it has one of the three clauses listed here it's a fairly good plus in my book.

Comment

Just Do these Things

Originally posted by QuickPickNZ View Post
          Hey everyone,

I'm interested in finding a good property manager in Auckland, but I'm faced with 100's of choices! Does anyone have some advice on how to go about selecting a property manager? I've read all the common articles on what to look for and so on, but there are so many companies and all their sales pitches sound the same.

Is there a way to objectively compare companies?

What process did you guy's go through to find a good PM?

Thanks for the help!
          Go Google and search it or find new Property management company. Which company have little customers who can do best choices...In starting many company have no one or less projects. So they focus on his work and regular check it. So You should Try new property management in auckland.

Comment

Working...
          X