Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development next door

Hi. Hope someone can give advice.
    The property next to mine is about to come on the market. It is derelict and I imagine will be torn down.
    I am concerned that a property developer may build a 2-storey (or more) apartment building.
    This would block off all my sun, and I am dreading the possibility of a window peering directly at my front balcony.
    Is there anything at all I can to do protect my sunlight?
    I can try and buy it myself but if a developer outbids me I would love to know if I have any options.
    Thanks very much.

If a developer buys it then you could offer that developer your place?
    Perhaps talk to the agent and see if there is demand for both properties.

Comment

That's not a bad idea actually. It is my dream house and have just done some renovations on it But there's always another dream house I guess.

Comment

The sunlight has no greater value to anyone but you. The only one that would allow someone to outbid you is you.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
          The sunlight has no greater value to anyone but you. The only one that would allow someone to outbid you is you.
          eeeer and possibly the bank manager

Comment

Yes, therein lies the problem. I'll check with the Council to see what can be built there.

Comment

And find out what the sites are worth together you may be able to turn a tidy profit, enough to buy where you can't be built out. I'd have a quiet word with the selling agent.
              Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

I'm not sure what developers are doing here at the moment, whether they are looking for big projects or not. It's Dunedin (hence the need for sun).

Comment

Working...
                X