• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

FlyerNZL, the council are often helpful when you first speak to them, in my experience.

But then when you go to lodge the exemption from building consent the brown stuff hits the fan.

But you say, I spoke to Mr XYZ on dd/mm/yyyy and he said I didn't need consent. And they say "Oh he nover should have said that, he's wrong. Now you have to pay..."

You send in an email with a summary of your conversation and ask them to reply if anything is not correct otherwise you look forward to a smooth processing of xyz. I've done it with a bank and just yesterday caught up with a mate wgo has done it with a council. Not binding but it shifts a lot more onus on to them to verify at the time instead of changing their mind later.

Well ideally you get that response via email in the first place.

But of course they can still turn around and just say that staff member shouldn't have said that, or they don't have the authority to say it etc.

But it will probably be fine. I'm just negative on the council because of my past experiences with them.

Thread Information