• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by flyernzl View Post
    I'm happy with Manurewa pricing right now - I own 4 there.

Right now, I'm negotiating to buy a 5th - and every week I keep the vendor on the string the price goes down - goodie!!!
    What sort of net yields (after all cost except interest and tax) are you expecting on your new purchase ?

Quote Originally Posted by learningInProgress View Post
    What's wrong with our dairy and tourism industry? The way you put this as if dairy/farm and tourism is not "real" economy...

We are good at it and people will pay $$ for our honey, milk and beef. Yes we should diversified to manufacturing, but manufacturing is not our forte. how to compete against asia cheap production cost?

On sustainability... check Singapore, and Hongkong property vs income comparison. is that sustainable? and yet the price hanging there for as long as I can remember...
    The 2 dont go hand in hand is the problem. Look at the effects of Ag on our environment, polluted rivers, deforestation etc. The world is not far away from producing meat without growing it and even in its infancy its said to taste very similar, ask Neil de Grasse Tyson if you dont believe me. Ag is archaic and 3rd world.

Tourism im ALL for, provided we actually do something about our impending problems from the aforementioned. 100% Pure New Zealand is just a 100% Pure BS advertising slogan.

Singapore/Hong Kong, we arent seriously comparing them to Auckland? There is a very good reason for their property and if NZ could get 1/5th of that Id say yay, no issue with Aucklands vertical property sustainability.

Anyway, back on topic. The thread is about timing down turns and key indicators for when markets are starting to plateau.
    Last edited by Mission2; 16-08-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beano View Post
    What sort of net yields (after all cost except interest and tax) are you expecting on your new purchase ?
    4%.
    But my real reason for my interest in the purchase is that is the other half of a cross-lease that I already own.
    If I buy, this will allow me to add a garage to my existing property (thus increasing the rent I can get for that one) and, in the medium term, convert both titles to fee simple, thus upping their value.

4%.
    But my real reason for my interest in the purchase is that is the other half of a cross-lease that I already own.
    If I buy, this will allow me to add a garage to my existing property (thus increasing the rent I can get for that one) and, in the medium term, convert both titles to fee simple, thus upping their value.
    Makes sense

4%.
    Or just rip em down and whack up 4-6 apartments?

Thread Information