HRV vs Smart Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRV vs Smart Energy

Planning to install ventilation system in my rental property.

Considering HRV and Smart Energy, which is better?

Any advise on the pros and cons of ventilation system? Is it effective in reducing mould and dampness?

Thanks!

There are these threads among others. We have an HRV in our house and have installed Sayr in both our rentals. Definitely recommend a system

http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/showthread.php?37534-Honest-reviews-Ventilation-systems-which-is-best-Dvs-Sayr-or-Hrv
    he went with sayr then started another thread: http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/showthread.php?38045-Honest-reviews-Ventilation-systems-Part-II

Comment

Got it! Thanks NS

Comment

HRV - branching out into consumer deception - not looking all that shiny and bright, presently:

26 June 2018
        HRV pleads guilty over false and misleading water-softening claims
        One then quite reasonably wonders about other claims made by the same outfit.

Comment

Not happy with HRV , they cold called me today on my mobile saying they were doing a special deal for rental property owners. I told them i didn't appreciate been called away from a busy project that day and suggested they do things less intrusive like email or text.

Comment

Your tenants will only turn it off.

Get one with no accessible controls.

Comment

If you don't care how much it costs, get an HRV.
              If it's just for your rental, and you're on a budget, and all you want to do is get rid of condensation/moisture/mould just get a centrifugal fan and install it in the living area with acoustic ducting to the exterior. put it on a timer to run over night.
              extracting the volume of air in the house every hour should be enough. It will make the house a little bit colder, but not much.
              I've done it in a couple of buildings including the one I'm living in at the moment. This one used to have severe condensation problems, to the point where we had to wipe down ALL walls and ceilings with bleach solution once a week to stop the mould growing. Now it's so dry we get static electricity shocks off things, from just one extractor fan running over night.

Comment

Originally posted by sparxNZ View Post
                If it's just for your rental, and you're on a budget, and all you want to do is get rid of condensation/moisture/mould just get a centrifugal fan and install it in the living area with acoustic ducting to the exterior. put it on a timer to run over night.
                An interesting concept.

Is it a DIY or commercial thing?

Comment

Has anyone tried Unovent?

Seems like a simpler solution to a fully ducted system (hrv, dvs etc.), cost seems lower and it allows for DIY.

I'm keen to have this installed in my rental at some point, but just waiting on any surprise govt. interventions.

Comment

Originally posted by sparxNZ View Post
                    extracting the volume of air in the house every hour should be enough. It will make the house a little bit colder, but not much.
                    I've done it in a couple of buildings including the one I'm living in at the moment. This one used to have severe condensation problems, to the point where we had to wipe down ALL walls and ceilings with bleach solution once a week to stop the mould growing. Now it's so dry we get static electricity shocks off things, from just one extractor fan running over night.
                    So a negative pressure system rather than positive pressure.
                    I'm surprised that this works so well.
                    I know installing Smartvent systems have a very positive effect on crying windows etc in the places I have used it.

Comment

Working...
                    X