• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

you are correct. I got it wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Can't really compare the median house selling price of $810,000 with the average house selling price of $968,570 at the peak - they're two different numbers and not directly comparable. Here is the excerpt from the interest.co.nz article:

"The agency's median selling price was $810,000 in July, down $30,000, or 4%, compared to July last year, and down $90,000, or 10%, from its peak of $900,000 In March.
    The average selling price was $908,319 in July, down from its peak of $968,570 in March, but still ahead of the July 2016 average of $867,681"

I wonder how much of the hype around falling sales is that more cheaper houses are changing hands, skewing the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
    Kbkiwi - when were you last in Cannons creek? Maybe you should come past for a coffee? My shout.

Unrenovated houses i I used to buy circa 2015 for $180k now selling for $300k, on 700m2 - 1200m2 sections which can now be subdivided into 2 or 3 house lots. Rents that were $220/wk now $350/wk.
    hmmm...those subdivisible sections actually do sound attractive. What sort of houses are you putting on them?

Relocated ex state houses - they look like they've always been there vs. cheap kit set new builds. Fully renovated with new kitchen/bathroom, insulation, heat pump they'll rent for $500-$550/wk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Quick survey

For residential property investors who expect their investment property to remain essentially unchanged for the next 10 years (i.e no section subdivision, no addition of a new residential dwelling, no garage conversion into dwelling), may I ask you 3 questions:

----- Answers below -----

1) what is your property's current gross rental yield? - 5.5% (purchased at 250K, rented at $310 pw and considering expenses)
    2) what organic growth (via rental rate increases) in rentals are you expecting per year for the next 10 years? maybe $10 a year? CHC is flat since the last couple of years but I think longer term this will be OK.
    3) what do you believe will be the gross rental yield on your Auckland property in 10 years time?
    - Not in AKL but it should be close to 8% at least.

I read the discussion above but am still unclear what you are trying to say about CG v/s yield :-O
    Last edited by TAG; 06-08-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: typo fixed

Thread Information