Tenant requesting DSA report for their insurance company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant requesting DSA report for their insurance company

Late last year our commercial tenant looked at purchasing my building and commissioned a DSA report. This report stated that the building had a NBS rating well below 34%. Since then we have commissioned our own DSA report which states that the building is well above 34%, but not above the magic 67%.
    Our tenant is now requesting a copy of our DSA report for "their insurance company"
    We have already supplied the tenant with a letter from the engineering firm outlining the findings of the report and 2 pages of the report that highlights the critical information.
    I'm not sure that their insurance company is requesting that information and do we have to supply it re: - it is a report that we commissioned.
    PS: the tenant has never given us access to their report.

where in the country are you? EQ risk?

Did you have a S and P on the tenants intention to buy?

If the building was EQ prone you might have to show but otherwise I say no?

Comment

Originally posted by jcmk View Post
      Late last year our commercial tenant looked at purchasing my building and commissioned a DSA report. This report stated that the building had a NBS rating well below 34%. Since then we have commissioned our own DSA report which states that the building is well above 34%, but not above the magic 67%.
      Our tenant is now requesting a copy of our DSA report for "their insurance company"
      We have already supplied the tenant with a letter from the engineering firm outlining the findings of the report and 2 pages of the report that highlights the critical information.
      I'm not sure that their insurance company is requesting that information and do we have to supply it re: - it is a report that we commissioned.
      PS: the tenant has never given us access to their report.
      2 points:

1) If the tenant won't let you see their report, then ignore anything they say about it, they could well be full of it.

2) If your report is favourable, then I see no reason why you wouldn't show it to the tenant. If you're wanting to sell, this is evidence of a decent value for the building i.e. it's in your favour. So they can't negotiate the price down based on seismic issues.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Thanks for both responses.
        The S & P process fell through. The tenant began leasing the building 2.5 years ago and was happy with an IEP report that stated a 52%NBS, and during that period never requested a copy of the IEP for their insurance company.
        I think your responses confirm - that the tenant is bluffing - why would their insurance company request the DSA? They don't insure the building.

Comment

Working...
        X