Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insulation .Company charging $3 per sq metre to rip out underfloor Aluminium foil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the house, I might be able to offer a contact? That's a ludicrously high price!!

Comment

Just got a quote to remove foil.
      80sqm for $155 incl.

Comment

not so sure old foil out and the new improved insulation expensed???

Originally posted by artemis View Post
        Dealing with underfloor foil is potentially dangerous / fatal, which is why it is no longer allowed to be installed (new) in rentals. Removing it might not be as dangerous, but still a risk so extra care would be needed.

Suggest make sure the remover marks clearly on the invoice the condition of the foil, as if damaged the replacement insulation can be expensed. Because like for like replacement in a rental is no longer allowed. You can still have foil installed in your own place though.
        Actually I disagree with this: the IRD have investigated and denied claims of this that you suggest, as new improved insulation cannot be claimed as repair. check out some google searches you will be surprised at Auckland gas works, a historical theatre roof and more.

Comment

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
          Watch it get even higher when we get right up to the deadline.
          Yes and I personally think it's irresponsible of the Government to put in a deadline knowing there will be opportunists ripping off property owners - they're 'stealing' the subsidies and discounts and inflating the product and install costs. I agree it's only going to get worse.

Nice, the property in question is in Kapiti and I've had quite a few quotes now.

cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

I use Dave at D Fluff Insulation; call him on 0212667813

Comment

Working...
            X