Property improvements in the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property improvements in the Philippines

Earlier this year I went to the Philippines and participated in the 6th install of our fully-sponsored micro solar system. One of our regular members here contributed towards this install.

Comment

Their previous lighting -

Comment

An install costs PHP 5,000 (~NZ$150) which we fund by way of 6x $25 sponsored shares. The install includes 2 or 3 LED lights, 30W solar panel, 12V/20Ah LA battery, charge controller, junction box, cabling, switches and 12V to USB adapter.

Our recipients are families with children who are attending school (we require this) who are at the low end of the economic scale in the provincial Philippines. Typically, these families would use kerosene for lighting at a high cost and with possible health side effects. We replace this with a fully solar powered electric lighting system.

I'm am going back to the Philippines in a couple of weeks. During the time I am there (5-6 months) we will do more installs and I will also be getting married to my Filipino partner.

We are presently fund raising for the 7th install. At the time of this post we have 5 (of 6) shares left at $25 each.
        Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 23-05-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Very cool man!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
            An install costs PHP 5,000 (~NZ$150) which we fund by way of 6x $25 sponsored shares. The install includes 2 or 3 LED lights, 30W solar panel, 12V/20Ah LA battery, charge controller, junction box, cabling, switches and 12V to USB adapter.

Our recipients are families with children who are attending school (we require this) who are at the low end of the economic scale in the provincial Philippines. Typically, these families would use kerosene for lighting at a high cost and with possible health side effects. We replace this with a fully solar powered electric lighting system.

I'm am going back to the Philippines in a couple of weeks. During the time I am there (5-6 months) we will do more installs and I will also be getting married to my Filipino partner.

We are presently fund raising for the 7th install. At the time of this post we have 5 (of 6) shares left at $25 each.
            Where abouts in the Philippines do you go ?

Comment

Are you registered as a charity I will sponsor one.
              Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Beano View Post
                Where abouts in the Philippines do you go ?
                I am living in Davao City (Mindanao) and the project is presently installing in the Negros Occidental region.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                  Are you registered as a charity I will sponsor one.
                  No, we are not. We are not registered as a charity in NZ because of the overhead this would involve for little or no benefit to sponsors. Keep in mind, the recipients are in the Philippines so it's doubtful we could get charitable status in NZ...?

We are not registered in the Philippines either because as I am a foreigner (NZ national) this is fraught with complications and red tape you could not imagine unless you have spent some time here or in a similar environment.

We operate below the radar here and on the basis all sponsors funds are applied towards the install they sponsored. Thus, not only do I not get paid, I also contribute out of my own pocket and a considerable time involvement as well.

You can view the latest install photos (posted today) at https://web.facebook.com/phmicrosolar/

If this is acceptable to you please PM me to arrange.
                  Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 17-06-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

No, we are not. We are not registered as a charity in NZ because of the overhead this would involve for little or no benefit to sponsors. Keep in mind, the recipients are in the Philippines so it's doubtful we could get charitable status in NZ...?

We are not registered in the Philippines either because as I am a foreigner (NZ national) this is fraught with complications and red tape you could not imagine unless you have spent some time here or in a similar environment.

We operate below the radar here and on the basis all sponsors funds are applied towards the install they sponsored. Thus, not only do I not get paid, I also contribute out of my own pocket and a considerable time involvement as well.

You can view the latest install photos (posted today) at https://web.facebook.com/phmicrosolar/

If this is acceptable to you please PM me to arrange.
                    You are doing a great job Michael
                    I look at your photos we have no concept of real poverty in Australasia.

Comment

Originally posted by Beano View Post
                      You are doing a great job Michael
                      I look at your photos we have no concept of real poverty in Australasia.
                      Unless someone has been here they have no concept of the scale of it. Western style civilisation is in islands here.
                      Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 19-06-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

During the time I am there we will do more installs and I will also be getting married to my Filipino partner.
                        You're there by now and the sentiment may be belated - best wishes for the day and the ceremony, Michael.

And for the other projects, too.

Comment

I've been to Philippines. One of my wife's charities is in Cebu. Heartbreaking.

I'll pay for 1, please email the details to nick [at] ifindproperty.co.nz

Cheers
                          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                            You're there by now and the sentiment may be belated - best wishes for the day and the ceremony, Michael.

And for the other projects, too.
                            Many thanks Perry. It is not belated. It is official (ie: public) as of yesterday.

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                            I've been to Philippines. One of my wife's charities is in Cebu. Heartbreaking.

I'll pay for 1, please email the details to nick [at] ifindproperty.co.nz
                            Thank you very much Nick. I will be in touch.

Comment

The avaliability of LED bulbs must have made a huge difference in this situation.
                              What would previously taken a big install - now a small battery and 1 panel.

Walking the walk Michael - way to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X