No announcement yet.

Ring Fencing Matters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we forget that Winnie is getting old. He wants to ride into the sunset, not go down in flames.
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick G View Post
      I think we forget that Winnie is getting old. He wants to ride into the sunset, not go down in flames.
      Yes some stately position for Winnie is what he'll want.

You know, something where he gets to be the regal elder statesman. Without really having to do any work that is. Something where he can attend lots of dinners, get lots of press, travel a lot. And not have to make any decisions etc.

And then he can leave parliament saying he did this and that for the people, but others didn't do their jobs as well as they should have blah blah blah.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick G View Post
        I think we forget that Winnie is getting old. He wants to ride into the sunset, not go down in flames.
        If Winnie wants to retire in 3 years and end on a high, he'll go with National and bail just before the next election. If he's feeling like there's still at least 6 years left in him he'll go with Labour.

After 4 terms the right won't win a 5th. Balance will need to be restored and a right aligned NZF will be punished. Under Labour/Greens he can drop his right supporters a few lolies to keep them happy enough to fight a second term with Labour again in 2020.
        Last edited by Learning; 25-09-2017, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• It'll be interesting. He's a populist conservative and the Greens are liberal. You can't love all the people and ban them at the same time.

I think he goes the easy route with National. Was hoping that meant the end of Paula Bennet as DP but it seem no sadly.
          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

• He should go for option 3 and side with neither main party. Let Bill setup a minority government and then Winnie can vote on each proposed bill according to its own merits. After all that's what MMP is all about. Then both camps can pass bills that fit with NZF's ideals. Take the sharp edges of both left and right.
            Last edited by Learning; 25-09-2017, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Learning View Post
              He should go for option 3 and side with neither main party. Let Bill setup a minority government and then Winnie can vote on each proposed bill according to its own merits. After all that's what MMP is all about. Then both camps can pass bills that fit with NZF's ideals. Take the sharp edges of both left and right.
              would be an interesting 18 months

until bill took it back to the people

frustrated with winnie's changing demands
              have you defeated them?
              your demons

Comment

• Yeah that third option is where he should go 'but' - there's no final glory for him personally. I agree he'll want a nice top job with the salary to boot without a lot of accountability and headache - he'll live it up on the global stage, wining and dining but out of hands reach a lot of the time, therefore away from the real work of Gov't. This would be left the workhorses in his party. I wonder when he'll become Sir Winston Peters - has a nice ring to it.

cheers,

Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• I wonder when he'll become Sir Winston Peters - has a nice ring to it.
                  God I hope not.
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Sadly I think this is a very astute observation. His speech on Saturday alluded to this very action. He is then 'King' on each bill as it's proposed. Basically giving him what he wants, options that best suit his own agenda. 'Lock that in Eddy' for the prediction!

Originally posted by Learning View Post
                    He should go for option 3 and side with neither main party. Let Bill setup a minority government and then Winnie can vote on each proposed bill according to its own merits. After all that's what MMP is all about. Then both camps can pass bills that fit with NZF's ideals. Take the sharp edges of both left and right.

Comment

• the only power he has

is the power national + labour have given him by THEIR bottom lines

bill + jacinda can completely bypass winnie

if they (and their supporters) can split their differences and do a grand coalition

it's basically OUR bottom lines

that prevent this
                      have you defeated them?
                      your demons

Comment

• Unfortunately, NZ isn't politically mature enough to consider a Grand Coalition.

Sir Winnie? Yes, when he leaves politics. Love him or hate him, he's given a lot.
                        DFTBA

Comment

• As of today Bill has 2 minor parties that can get him into power. He could go with the greens and make environmental concessions that don't affect farming. Legalize pot or something else negligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
                            I wonder when he'll become Sir Winston Peters - has a nice ring to it.
                            I think Lord Peters is more suitable for him but Sir Winston will do.
                            Since National gives out knighthoods and Labour won't, there's no question who he will join up with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Learning View Post
                              After 4 terms the right won't win a 5th.
                              I wouldn't be so certain at this stage.
                              The Left still can't find a leader who has appeal.
                              Deceitful Ardern will be rolled before 2020.

Comment

• Not sure if you noticed - the GRA webinar is now in a couple of weeks time not this week as previously planned. Matthew and Tony's views on what's coming for us etc - should be good...that's if there's an outcome by 12 Oct.

cheers,

Donna
                                Last edited by donna; 27-09-2017, 09:21 AM.
                                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                                X