No announcement yet.

Insulation Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some steep prices here alright! My $2500 for 100m2 top n 100m2 bottom works out to be about $12.50 per meter.

If anyways need this just give me a PM and I will get the guy in contact.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
      Geez I just got a quote for $45 per square metre. I agree there's some opportunists out there - the price should be fixed that way more properties will get the insulation quick smart.

cheers,

Donna
      Slippery slope this price fixing thing.
      Next they'll want to fix rents for the same reason.

Comment

You can't give the stuff away! It'll be law next year and the government is offering to pay half (if your tenants qualify). Why are LL's waiting? "many landlords believed their rental properties were already insulation compliant and they might be in for a nasty surprise."

Thousands of low-income families are enduring cold damp homes because their landlords are not taking up a government insulation subsidy.

Comment

Originally posted by Learning View Post
          You can't give the stuff away! It'll be law next year and the government is offering to pay half (if your tenants qualify). Why are LL's waiting? "many landlords believed their rental properties were already insulation compliant and they might be in for a nasty surprise."

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/politi...sulation-offer

I only had 1 tenant qualify for totally free insulation. Maori, asthmatic, poor health - she fit all those indicators .They do have to get a medical note from the doctor to qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
            I only had 1 tenant qualify for totally free insulation. Maori, asthmatic, poor health - she fit all those indicators .They do have to get a medical note from the doctor to qualify.
            Maybe that one renter could sell their plight around other landlords - 3 months here, 3 months there?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
              To get it totally free is a hard hurdle but the 50% payment is a little more obtainable for LL's with low income tenants -
              -Rental property was built before the year 2000 and
              -Named tenant has a Community Services Card
              or
              -Named tenant referred by the Ministry of Health's Healthy Homes programme
              -Rental property is not owned by a Government agency.

20,000 properties will get the grant. If you're going to have to insulate by law next year anyway it's worth spending 10 minutes to find out if your property could be one of those 20,000.
              Last edited by Learning; 21-06-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

The 50% discount is a scam.

Get a quote first from an installer who doesn't offer the govt grant subsidies. Once you know that price get the grant scheme guys to come in and quote. You'll find the discounted price from govt subsidy providers to be similar to the FULL price from those not offering the subsidy.

Comment

There's not enough competition in this round with only one or two (grant approved) providers per region. And the extra pressure that you have to do it by law has inflated the pricing. The insulation grants of 4-5 years ago had 6-7 approved providers per region and the difference between grant and no grant was thousands.

Comment

Yeah my first quote was $7070 and the next $2800. The $7070 was from EnergySmart - and from their website:

the team have excelled in finding funding to help make it affordable for families and households to have their homes insulated.
                    hahaha 'yeah right!'

In my experience what I believe they excel at is how to charge twice as much so they can pocket the funding and it's in poor taste - shame on them!

cheers,

Donna
                    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                      We have been quoted $3.50/m2 installation cost here in Wellington with us supplying materials. Underfloor and Ceiling materials exceeding min requirements we're buying at around $5/m2 so total installation on a 100m2 house is $1.8k.

The comparison was a quote from one of the crowds claiming to offer the 50% govt. discount... their quote $2.1k after 50% discount.
                      Thanks for sharing. Where do you get the materials for at that price? And what are you using underfloor (ceilings all insulation in our places).

Comment

Originally posted by heugumper View Post
                        Thanks for sharing. Where do you get the materials for at that price? And what are you using underfloor (ceilings all insulation in our places).
                        bunnings - this is the commercial price/trade price. The products we've used is earth wool although we have used mammoth underfloor where the m2 rate is a little bit higher...

Comment

We are yet to find a single scheme provider with the 50% off who isn't dearer than a private installer. Complete scam the whole grant thing.

Comment

And then the media say it's the Landlords holding back on insulating their properties - well maybe if the article writers did some investigative work they'd find out why!

What the.....

this is exactly what I'm talking about...Landlords neglect Govt insulation offer

cheers,

Donna
                            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

And those results completely ignore any Landlord DIY work.

Comment

That's shite reporting. You can get it cheaper so many are insulating their properties but the pointy hats are complaining nobody wants to use their overpriced scheme
                                Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X