Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding Commercial Lease

Hi Guys and Girls

Just wondering if anyone is in the know of Sub-letting or licence to occupy with regards to a commercial lease.
    Our landlord is one who is very difficult to get hold of and i mean difficult (Sometimes a month without response to emails)

We are selling our business to a new franchisee however the landlord side of things are holding us up majorly with regards to the lease.

What we are needing to know do we have to seek landlord consent to do either a licence to Occupy or Sub Lease. I know we need permission for a complete assignment of the lease, but is that the case for both Subletting or Licence to occupy.

Sorry to be a pain and help or advice is muchly appreciated.

Originally posted by jamway View Post
    Hi Guys and Girls

Just wondering if anyone is in the know of Sub-letting or licence to occupy with regards to a commercial lease.
    Our landlord is one who is very difficult to get hold of and i mean difficult (Sometimes a month without response to emails)

We are selling our business to a new franchisee however the landlord side of things are holding us up majorly with regards to the lease.

What we are needing to know do we have to seek landlord consent to do either a licence to Occupy or Sub Lease. I know we need permission for a complete assignment of the lease, but is that the case for both Subletting or Licence to occupy.

Sorry to be a pain and help or advice is muchly appreciated.
    Yes you do
    Why don't you just ring him or visit him?
    Week before last a tenant rang me about wanting to sell his takeaway
    New purchaser wanted a longer lease
    I had it all sorted out same day ...actual time one hour at his premise

Comment

Having sold/leased commercial property before as an agent, I can tell you not all landlords are that reasonable.

Many are, but some want to take advantage of the situation. By getting more rent, or a longer lease or what have you.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
      X