Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affordable areas in Auckland and surrounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or immigration policy, that's far more likely.
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Quite a few people are hanging their hats on a Labour/Greens coalition sorting this out.

But of course, just like the current government, they know the way to stay in power is to keep the economic party going. And the easiest way to do that is to import as many 'baristas' as you can.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecoat View Post
        I hear DAvo is looking for a tenant.
        LOL. I thought he was into commercial. Mind you, if a place had something which could pass as a kitchen and bathroom, I would consider it... but right now, commercial rents seem to be overpriced as well.
        Yes MichaelNZ seems like a really nice reasonable guy, Michael, I have a Queen St loft of around 200 sqm for $500 per month, inclusive of GST, water, electricity, all the data you can use. Could you drive my small fleet of Ferraris (in the 10 car garage) to keep them ticking over? And comes with a staff of 5. Is that too dear for you?
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
          Quite a few people are hanging their hats on a Labour/Greens coalition sorting this out.

But of course, just like the current government, they know the way to stay in power is to keep the economic party going. And the easiest way to do that is to import as many 'baristas' as you can.
          I am not saying any particular party will solve party will solve this so-called housing crisis (increase housing supply or reduce demand).
          I am more to the thinking that it will sort itself.
          But surely an alternative is better than the current bunch?
          I am relatively new to the country so I am not familiar with the lay of the political land/history, but that is my observation thus far.

Comment

The greens are going to make it easier/faster/cheaper to build eh....
            Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Cause so far they've done that with..........
              oh yes that's right, absolutely nothing :-).

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
                Cause so far they've done that with..........
                oh yes that's right, absolutely nothing :-).
                Just like National!

Comment

I forgot you were a comedian Wayne. They've done a pretty stellar job. Especially considering the huge %#$%$#*! they picked up from Aunty.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
                    I forgot you were a comedian Wayne. They've done a pretty stellar job. Especially considering the huge %#$%$#*! they picked up from Aunty.
                    I gather '%#$%$#*!' stands for 'pile of cash and low debt.
                    Because that's how they started their term.

Which is just as off topic as the 'stellar job' they have done re affordable housing - they haven't done any job.

Comment

Now that's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Which is just as off topic as the 'stellar job' they have done re affordable housing - they haven't done any job.
                        There was no pile of cash since Michael Cullen spent it on the trains just before getting his arse kicked out of parliament. And what a fantastic investment that has turned out to be!

And do you remember the GFC? Or some earthquakes down country, was it Christchurch? $30 billion to rebuild? Nah it's all just National throwing the money away right?

Labour had 9 years of global prosperity. National has had the reverse.

But hey, keep telling yourself the myth that Labour is responsible with money.

By the way, I don't vote National, and almost certainly won't again this year.
                        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Yes MichaelNZ seems like a really nice reasonable guy, Michael, I have a Queen St loft of around 200 sqm for $500 per month, inclusive of GST, water, electricity, all the data you can use. Could you drive my small fleet of Ferraris (in the 10 car garage) to keep them ticking over? And comes with a staff of 5. Is that too dear for you?
                          (emphasis added)

Well, clearly you are mistaken Davo. I am your worst f***ing nightmare.

Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 08-04-2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post

There is the billion dollar plus annual appropriation for the Accommodation Supplement. That is not trivial. And it is very targeted, being both income and asset tested. There is more than one solution.

Comment

There was no pile of cash since Michael Cullen spent it on the trains just before getting his arse kicked out of parliament. And what a fantastic investment that has turned out to be!

And do you remember the GFC? Or some earthquakes down country, was it Christchurch? $30 billion to rebuild? Nah it's all just National throwing the money away right?

Labour had 9 years of global prosperity. National has had the reverse.

But hey, keep telling yourself the myth that Labour is responsible with money.

By the way, I don't vote National, and almost certainly won't again this year.
                              Interesting that people have 2 versions of events. I guess the government has done its job then?
                              Maybe it is somewhere in the middle, labour did not hand over the pile of crap that national make out and national did not receive the great situation that labour say they handed over?

Comment

Some great info here to compare various areas:
                                . . There has been considerable commentary made by Labour’s critics and political opponents that Labour was an incompetant economic manager, during their nine year term in office. The reality…

Comment

Working...
                                X