Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meth or P related - it goes here, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting turn of events.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/111002697/tenancy-tribunal-orders-tenant-to-pay-landlord-4300-for-meth-contamination

Comment

• Not really, this was ruled against the standard in use at the time, and when the testing as carried out, which was very low.

It wouldn't work today, being classed as 'fair wear and tear' I suspect !!

Comment

• Small-town Kiwis invent a smoke detector for P
        28 Jun 2021
        Originally posted by STUFFed
        With a dash of Number 8 wire flair, two men in a small Waikato town have produced a device they believe is a world-first in the fight against meth. The “P Alert” is an alarm which, once installed, will alert its owner by phone if it detects traces of P within its proximity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
          The article implies that it is new but I suspect the global reach is new because we have talked about this here several years ago.

Comment

• Right. What you say confirms it's too much to hope for comprehensive accuracy from STUFFed.

Comment

• I have a "P Alert" installed in a property. It finally went off with readings rising to 13ppm and falling to zero over 4 hours. With the help of the manufacturer i've decided the tenant consumed in their car parked in the drive, and carried the stuff in on her breath. Nice of her to be so considerate, it was cold that day. Sadly the score only fell because she went to visit another tenant in a different building, so now I'm hoping for a discount on my next meter.

Tenancy Tribunal employee says:
              • Not evidence of surface contamination, therefore no compensation for damage (duh)
              • Not direct evidence of criminality, at best circumstantial. Need to provide an Affidavit that places the tenant in a car within the boundary of the Section prior to the first reading. Given other circumstantial evidence I cant discuss, should be enough, but where do I get the affidavit from?
              • Meanwhile, need to issue a 14 day notice and hope she gets the message.
              Can I raise an anti-social due to the suspected contamination of the 2nd property (makes it 3 of a kind!)? Don't bother, cant prove that either!

Comment

• Hi Investors,

I'm new to the forum (hope I've posted this in the right place).

Can anyone recommend a DIY Meth testing kit please? Or recommend against them?

I'm intending to purchase a property and would like to know it is clean.
                I can get a building inspection company to do the test but I love DIY.

Saw this one:
                MULTIPLE SENSITIVITY 5 x 0.5µg/100cm2  -  Mid-Range Sensitivity 5 x 1.5µg/100cm2  -  NZ 8510 NZ Standard Contents of Screening Kit: 10  Meth Testing Kit Cassette 10   Liquid Buffer 10  Sterilized Swab 1   Cardboard Templates 10 x 10 1   Instruction Sheet  

Anyone tried this kit?

Appreciate your opinions on the matter thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X