Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meth or P related - it goes here, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It That Cut-And-Dried?

I have a family member who works in the system as a 'shrink.'

Attitude (mental) is apparently the biggest factor.

If they can't change the inmates attitudes - and the staff work very hard to achieve that - the chance of recidivism is very high.

Comment

• Some people just can't handle the real world and actively do what they can to get put back inside.

As for drug users and criminals in general, how many chances do they deserve before they a left behind? How many times do law abiding/contributing citizens miss out on opportunities to give someone another chance? Where are the so called loving families?

Maybe changes need to be made to better the gene pool, because what has been done for the last generation or 2 isn't working.

I don't want criminals or druggies in or around my life, others are free to have them if they want.

Comment

• I know of an ex inmate who, in all seriousness, told me that he has prison as his retirement venue of choice.

www.3888444.co.nz
        Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Keys View Post
          I know of an ex inmate who, in all seriousness, told me that he has prison as his retirement venue of choice.
          I believe it.

Comment

• Meth-making tenants ordered to pay $299K in High Court decision

Good luck getting payment, of course.
            DFTBA

Comment

• Well the court has constrained a property they own on Waiheke. So chances are?

Comment

• The Tenancy Tribunal will, generally, accept 15 micrograms per 100cm2 as the minimum standard for meth contamination in rental properties.
                The Tenancy Tribunal will, generally, accept 15 micrograms per 100cm2 as the minimum standard for meth contamination in rental properties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                  The Tenancy Tribunal will, generally, accept 15 micrograms per 100cm2 as the minimum standard for meth contamination in rental properties.
                  https://www.landlords.co.nz/article/...-meth-standard
                  "Poole said the Tribunal does not set the law; “It doesn’t set the standards. It applies the standards.”"

From my understanding of the RTA1986 which has been reinforced by the above quote, the tribunal is not about rule setting, but about enforcing rules set by the Build act, Building Code, Health act and Housing improvement regulations and bylaws made under local government act 2002.

Acceptance of 15 micrograms in the tribunal "should" be entirely dependent on the "safe level of meth" established by the local councils under the local government act 2002, not the standard and not the Gluckman report.

The question now is, what councils are working to what levels?
                  http://www.methsafe.co.nz/

Comment

• Originally posted by Meth Safe View Post
                    The question now is, what councils are working to what levels?
                    I would have thought councils rarely get involved.

Comment

I would have thought councils rarely get involved.
                      The council would only be involved directly where they receive a report, or they are notified by the police. In this situation, they would issue an order to discover the state of the property or issue a cleansing order.

Indirectly though, it is council set policies required by the building act that make a property with more than X concentration of meth, unsuitable under the RTA. X amount of meth being determined by each local council.

Ultimately the RTA does not regulate directly the standard of rental properties. All regulation of residential tenancies is applied through the RTA on the basis of the Building Act, Health act and Housing improvement regulations and by-laws made under the local government.

Comment

Ultimately the RTA does not regulate directly the standard of rental properties. All regulation of residential tenancies is applied through the RTA on the basis of the Building Act, Health act and Housing improvement regulations and by-laws made under the local government.
                        True.
                        Neither the Building Act, Health act nor the Housing improvement regulations specify any level.
                        I have no idea what the council would specify and given that they would be unlikely to get involved in your typical meth USE senario they aren't really relevant.
                        Peddle your wares elsewhere.

Comment

True.
                          Neither the Building Act, Health act nor the Housing improvement regulations specify any level.
                          I have no idea what the council would specify and given that they would be unlikely to get involved in your typical meth USE senario they aren't really relevant.
                          Peddle your wares elsewhere.
                          The council have set policies (by-laws) around the amount of meth that can be present in a property under their jurisdiction. These are not set on a national level. The RTA uses those council policies in the regulation of rental properties specifically for meth.

Not peddling any 'wares' just engaging in a discussion . . .
                          Last edited by Perry; 15-10-2018, 10:35 PM. Reason: moderation

Comment

The council have set policies (by-laws) around the amount of meth that can be present in a property under their jurisdiction. These are not set on a national level. The RTA uses those council policies in the regulation of rental properties specifically for meth.
                            Name some councils and the amounts of meth that can be present, please.

Comment

• Here's a question for those who are interested. Section 11 protects the tenant from contracting out of the RTA. However, the level of cleanliness the property is left in is defined as "reasonable" Therefore, I suggest that, since there is a NZ Standard on meth contamination, it would trump the "reasonable" discussion. I suggest that contracting to the NZ standard is not a breach of Section 11. Therefore, I have modified my TA a little. Here it is:

The landlord has presumptively screen tested this property for “P” and the area tested came back as a negative result. The landlord may test for “P” during your stay, with or without an expert, and any positive results will be followed by further testing. It is therefore agreed that a further positive result, more than the NZS 8510:2017 is deemed to be a contaminated property and the results will be forwarded to the NZ Police and an application to terminate the tenancy will be made under Section 55 (1b) of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 AND we will be claiming clean-up costs. Any tests, during a tenancy will be conducted during a suitably notified visit.
                              Last edited by Keys; 16-10-2018, 08:14 AM.

www.3888444.co.nz
                              Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Meth Safe

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                                Name some councils and the amounts of meth that can be present, please.
                                What's up, Meth Safe?
                                Too busy to name some councils?
                                Your credibility is on the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X