• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

View Poll Results: Meth test any one agrees?

Voters
3. This poll is closed
  • yes with reservations

0 0%
  • yes but paid by the interested party

1 33.33%
  • yes,but voluntary

1 33.33%
  • yes but not mandatory

0 0%
  • yes 100 agree

1 33.33%
  • no

0 0%
  • no with reservations

0 0%
  • no unless paid by the goverment

0 0%
  • no unless there is help from the government to decontaminate

1 33.33%
  • no meth has been around since the beginning of time

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 119 of 122 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1217

Quote Originally Posted by Davo36 View Post
    I reckon addiction is in fact a medical issue. No point locking these people up, need to get them treated and off meth or whatever it is.
    There are some countries that fix the problem by just shooting them. No chance of reoffending then.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    There are some countries that fix the problem by just shooting them. No chance of reoffending then.
    Yep, shoot the old, the infirm, the disabled. Oh wait, that's what the Nazis did.
    Squadly dinky do!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yep, shoot the old, the infirm, the disabled. Oh wait, that's what the Nazis did.
    Tut, tut, David.

To me, Glenn's reference was to the criminal P element in society, rather than pensioners and disabled folks.

Good to see Glenn back, too.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Good evening everyone

i thought I would update you on our "P" house. You may remember 2 years ago tomorrow our rental was visited by the armed defenders, drug dogs, fire-brigade, drug squad etc. One of the occupiers (not the women renting the house) received 9 years after being admitted to hospital due to drinking the "P" he had manufactured or at least some of it. YES APPARENTLY YOU CAN DRINK IT The remaining "P" was removed by the drug squad and I can tell you it was worth plenty enough to buy a house depending of course in what area of New Zealand you were purchasing the house.

We found our PM had not carried out the checks required and that he was contracted to undertake along with many more slip ups.

Over the past 2 years we have:

Hired a litigation lawyer
    Obtained affidavits from previous landlord (extremely damming to the PM) Oh yes i hunted them down
    Back and forward correspondence between our lawyers and the company the PM works for
    Learned an enormous amount about Clan labs, the break down of chemicals during the process and "P"
    The high court judge told us two months ago we can start the process of cleaning
    Just had the first clean completed and retested on Thursday we will have the results on Monday.

Of courses the list above is only a very condensed outline of the actual actions we have had to undertake over this time. We understand it will be a further 12 months before we get to court. Then out of the blue an email from the owner of the company wanting us to meet as it was getting costly with all his legal bills, and we duly did so.

Apparently he has had a very bad time and lost lots of sleep over this but we will lose the case because they will claim that the "P" contamination was already in the house prior to his company being contract to manage the house. So its our fault. Also his insurance company isn't co operating and this is upsetting to him also. He does not want his company dragged through the court.

When I asked why the PM didn't receive the total bond money, rent in advance etc prior to giving the renter the keys apparently we desperately want her to move in. Not true but again our fault.

We did disclose to him some of the evidence we had collected over the past two years he stayed straight faced, unsure whether I would have.

I explained we are fully aware we may lose this case as a judge has the finale say however regardless we know the truth and should we lose our insurance company is waiting in the wings because they will be the next to discuss the issue with him and his lawyers because the PM provided false information to them.

All in all the meeting went as I suspected it would he made a ridiculously low offer and we politely declined. Apparently he is going back to his insurance company and to the insurance ombudsman to get the insurance company to provide a settlement. While my partner believed him I don't.

I will update you in the future as the saga unfolds even if we lose. If this happens i will buy popcorn and watch the next enthralling episode when our insurance company takes their turn and see if they have any luck. Although at the point of losing we will ensure the full story is made available to the public.

I reckon addiction is in fact a medical issue. No point locking these people up, need to get them treated and off meth or whatever it is.
    I agree.
    I'm also thinking most people in jail are actually suffering from a medical condition.
    This would explain why jail never rehabilitates them and they repeatedly return to jail.

Default Is It That Cut-And-Dried?

I have a family member who works in the system as a 'shrink.'

Attitude (mental) is apparently the biggest factor.

If they can't change the inmates attitudes - and the staff work very hard to achieve that - the chance of recidivism is very high.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Some people just can't handle the real world and actively do what they can to get put back inside.

As for drug users and criminals in general, how many chances do they deserve before they a left behind? How many times do law abiding/contributing citizens miss out on opportunities to give someone another chance? Where are the so called loving families?

Maybe changes need to be made to better the gene pool, because what has been done for the last generation or 2 isn't working.

I don't want criminals or druggies in or around my life, others are free to have them if they want.

I know of an ex inmate who, in all seriousness, told me that he has prison as his retirement venue of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Keys View Post
    I know of an ex inmate who, in all seriousness, told me that he has prison as his retirement venue of choice.
    I believe it.

DFTBA

Thread Information