Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Gates says robots that replace people should pay tax. Has he lost it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back the hand plow I say.
    Progress has gone just too far!

Comment

Luddites rise up and smash them robots.

Comment

Gates is right, really, in that he sees the problem. I completely agree that the world is going to have to adopt new paradigms of what will be, essentially, welfare. If not for the simple reason that people will otherwise not be able to afford the products that the robots are making, selling from automated sites, and transporting to your door.

Failing that, everyone had best learn robotics software programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan McIntosh View Post
          Failing that, everyone had best learn robotics software programming.
          So that they can hack the robot and get the goods delivered to their door rather than someone elses?

Comment

I suppose, in order to tax a robot, it would need to become and legal obligation, if not a legal entity.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post

I suppose, in order to tax a robot, it would need to become and legal obligation, if not a legal entity.
              No, you'd be taxing the company owner/s who are presumably saving money by replacing their employees (otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.)
              My blog. From personal experience.
              http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
                No, you'd be taxing the company owner/s who are presumably saving money by replacing their employees (otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.)
                Bill Gates is probably trying to suck up to Trump by saying this.
                Trump quite rightly has identified computers and email etc as largely misused and a waste of time. As a toy that overcomplicates things.
                Gates is worried that the whole tech industry will be revealed as a nerd fest and that Trump will cut all funding and preferential treatment to it.
                Just like he's doing to the highly non productive art section.
                Jocks in tne Whitehouse, take that nerds. Ha.
                Last edited by McDuck; 28-02-2017, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X