When they go beyond the brief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artemis View Post

$30 ph is cheap for a handyman. Just saying.
    Not in Rotorua. The others, who weren't available, charged $20per hour and did a much better job. Given his 'rip shit and bust then plaster the hell out of it' approach, I think he has a real nerve selling himself as a handyman. But that doesn't alter the position that he has done some work that I need to pay for - I just haven't yet figured out how much. Again this morning, he failed to send a tax invoice - just a list of tasks in an email and an order to regard it as an account.

As for the cleaners, they were only able to account for under 18 hours of the 30 they charged. From that, I subtracted the tasks that were part of a 'regular, between-guests' clean, which left under 14 hours of 'extraordinary' work. I then subtracted stuff that I never asked them to do/was unnecessary or was done poorly enough that someone else had to re-do it. I just made a bank transfer of $215. Probably should have been $245, now that I think about it.
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
      Not in Rotorua. The others, who weren't available, charged $20per hour and did a much better job. Given his 'rip shit and bust then plaster the hell out of it' approach, I think he has a real nerve selling himself as a handyman. But that doesn't alter the position that he has done some work that I need to pay for - I just haven't yet figured out how much. Again this morning, he failed to send a tax invoice - just a list of tasks in an email and an order to regard it as an account.

As for the cleaners, they were only able to account for under 18 hours of the 30 they charged. From that, I subtracted the tasks that were part of a 'regular, between-guests' clean, which left under 14 hours of 'extraordinary' work. I then subtracted stuff that I never asked them to do/was unnecessary or was done poorly enough that someone else had to re-do it. I just made a bank transfer of $215. Probably should have been $245, now that I think about it.

As a last resort and unfortunately he has driven you to this i would demand an invoice with the work clearly detailed as is your consumer right and also suggest IRD may need to be involved if one is not forthcoming in the next few days. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones & he is certainly throwing a few at you by overcharging, being flippant and not providing an invoice when asked to.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
        As a last resort and unfortunately he has driven you to this i would demand an invoice with the work clearly detailed as is your consumer right and also suggest IRD may need to be involved if one is not forthcoming in the next few days. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones & he is certainly throwing a few at you by overcharging, being flippant and not providing an invoice when asked to.
        Since my original request, I have asked twice more for a proper tax invoice. All he has done is reiterate that he has sent an account and made threats for if I don't pay it immediately. Until I get said invoice, I am sitting on my hands. I have ignored his last email, as I feel I have made my position perfectly clear. No court/debt collector is going to take action where no legal invoice exists.

When he gets in touch again I will express incomprehension that someone in business does not know what a tax invoice consists of, and a comment along the line of: "You are in business and paying tax, right?"
        My blog. From personal experience.
        http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
        X