Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share Picks for 2004

Hi Guys

Make hay while the sun shines. Try this web link.

I still prefer silver.

Regards
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Thanks again Muppet.

'Sky TV, Independent Newspapers and Tourism Holdings were poor performers in 2002 and were seen then by Forsyth Barr as undervalued.'

Out of these 3, I would expect THL to do well in the coming year based on high volumes of tourists coming to NZ to experience the 'great outdoors' as marketed so well on LOTR movies and via Tourism NZ's extensive advertising. If anything will slow their growth it will be the strong NZ dollar, making NZ not so cheap for tourists as it has been in the past few years (we lose nearly $50 for every GBP100 in exchange compared to March 2002) That's only a good meal out - but when the average tourist converts nearly GBP1000 for a trip to NZ they have lost out by $500 !!

Many people I speak to are looking to travel to the USA while the pound is so strong against the US$, and may travel to NZ the year after (when they perceive the dollar will be weaker vs GBP.

Just my .02c

Comment

Working...
    X