Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When your tenant wants to have it off with you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When your tenant wants to have it off with you...

I'm in the unfortunate* position of my tenant in my property wanting to have it off with me.

It's extremely tempting but I guess a lesson in the legal pitfalls might strengthen my resolve.

I don't live there, but house is in my personal name.

Discuss.

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
    I'm in the unfortunate* position of my tenant in my property wanting to have it off with me.

It's extremely tempting but I guess a lesson in the legal pitfalls might strengthen my resolve.

I don't live there, but house is in my personal name.

Discuss.
    Are you married or have a partner?

Comment

Is s/he worth it?
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

If periodic, terminate. If FTT employ a Property Manager, then terminate at the end of the FTT. Do not mention anything about it to anyone else.

www.3888444.co.nz
        Facebook Page

Comment

No
          NO.

Hell no.

Ummmmm. .... no.

Comment

Single. Worth it? Well, maybe not half my house...

Comment

Currently with a property manager.

Comment

obviously a wind up, whats the address

Comment

second question about opportunity cost today... he he he

Comment

Jokes aside... who knows. If it's potentially more than a shag s/he could be the love of your life!? Otherwise, the property manager could be an effective pimp!!
                    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Don't go there unless you're prepared for the emotional blackmail over rent rises and/or requests for this upgrade, that repaint, those curtains etc., etc.
                      My blog. From personal experience.
                      http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Mixing business with pleasure is not recommended !

Comment

Not too different from a relationship with the boss in a work situation. There's a power imbalance. Sometimes works well, sometimes very very well. Other times not so much.

People enter into such relationships all the time. Grown ups do what they do, and at least OP is aware of potential issues. And having a PM makes tenancy issues one step removed.

Bottom line - go ahead if you want to. Have fun. Better to regret what you did than what you didn't do.

Comment

The best advice has already been given - if you are serious about exploring this relationship then hire a property manager so there is at least some 'separation of duties' to avoid you being her/his partner and their landlord.

My own opinion, I would avoid this as it can only cause trouble and potential blackmail in the future.
                            www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                            # Property Management
                            # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
                              The best advice has already been given - if you are serious about exploring this relationship then hire a property manager so there is at least some 'separation of duties' to avoid you being her/his partner and their landlord.

My own opinion, I would avoid this as it can only cause trouble and potential blackmail in the future.
                              There is a PM already. And OP or tenant may have a different take rather than being 'serious about exploring this relationship'.

Comment

Working...
                              X