• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter MobilizeMail follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on RSS

Latest Threads/Videos

News and Views

Most Active - Last 30 Days

Question Using Precast Concrete for construction

Hi

I am looking for buying land and then use Precast Concrete for construction. Is it viable option? Anything to look for? or checklist for this? Suggestions please.

Thanks
    Mickey

www.sfsltd.co.nz

I'd have to ask why?
    More industrial really. Can be done but you would be looking for a commercial builder I suspect as a normal residential builder wouldn't have the experiance with precast concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I'd have to ask why?
    More industrial really. Can be done but you would be looking for a commercial builder I suspect as a normal residential builder wouldn't have the experiance with precast concrete.
    Thanks Wayne.The sole reason is cost. As few people suggested that these are insulated and quick to build. And cheap to buy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by yaigesh View Post
    Thanks Wayne.The sole reason is cost. As few people suggested that these are insulated and quick to build. And cheap to buy as well.

Pre-cast is more expensive than traditional construction for house building.

as above more expensive than traditional only economical when firewall requirements are involved e.g. terraced housing or commercial buildings abutting other buildings

Thread Information