• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

Latest Threads/Videos

Categories:
Property
Other
Video
  1. Go to first new post Construction cost

News and Views

Most Active - Last 30 Days

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Courham View Post
    An interesting read on NCEA results. I take the NCEA pass rates with a grain a salt. I know one very high decile school down here that has encouraged students that are failing to leave midyear to go to community college so not to upset their stats! You've got to drill deeper than NCEA, look at ERO reports etc as not all schools are equal when it comes to supporting their students to succeed.
    The government's decision to publish National Standards results was the most damaging thing done to schools ever.

Schools are funded based primarily on their numbers and good results draw more inrollments. So schools are financially incrouged to falsify, fudge and miss represent their results.

If 2 kids are falling behind while 5 are on the edge many would feel pressured to ignore the 2 and concentrate on getting the 5 over the line to make the school look better.

These are long term lives the government is stuffing.

Doubt they let NZers into Egypt to live. And if they did, the women would have to wear the hijab etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Davo36 View Post
    Doubt they let NZers into Egypt to live. And if they did, the women would have to wear the hijab etc.
    I lived there, but didn't last. Had to leave after a few months as I didn't take to it at all. And I went there after living in Mexico for over three years. I didn't wear a hijab, but one of the reasons I left was because I was followed and/or groped every time I walked anywhere.

OP is delusional when he says that every family can afford an apartment in Egypt. They have real poverty there - the absolute stuff, not the relative stuff that our newspapers trot out - and no social welfare. Many doormen/porters in apartment buildings sleep in a chair/cot/on the floor in a corner as they don't have homes to go to. OP must have led a very sheltered/privileged life there.
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

I understand your frustrations KE, but blaming the market or other investors in Auckland does not change a thing.

Only worry about things you can control, and not things you cannot control.

Be positive, keep hunting the deals, look at crosslease properties if you can't afford full sections, look at more areas than the areas you can't afford.

Lastly, schools don't teach ethics and financial literacy, so as long as your kids don't go to a too bad of a school, they will succeed with your good parenting and guidance.

Good luck house hunting and keep a positive mindset!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Lin View Post

Lastly, schools don't teach ethics and financial literacy
    yes, they do.
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Many thanks for your advise Gary

Quote Originally Posted by sidinz View Post
    yes, they do.
    Maybe now, when I was there the science teacher was still leading a prayer before class!
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Hi Khaled,

Have you looked into Papatoetoe? Good access to both SH1 and SH20 motorways, the mall, and the airport. Papatoetoe High School also has a good reputation, a lot of tenants do mention the high school as a reason for choosing a property. Prices for houses on smaller sections are still reasonable.

Another good area is Hill Park, where zoned for Hill Park school (year 1 to 6) and Alfriston College. House prices in the area are within your budget and it is close to the motorway.

Thread Information