• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

Latest Threads/Videos

News and Views

Most Active - Last 30 Days

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I knew that ... it's nothing to debate about 邏
    nah... It's just that engaging a lawyer too late is a false economy and I'm not really interested in you trying to convince me to not get good advice on a property purchase to save a few bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Keys View Post
    ? (maalmfc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
    nah... It's just that engaging a lawyer too late is a false economy and I'm not really interested in you trying to convince me to not get good advice on a property purchase to save a few bucks

Yup... same here as I am not interested to explain you otherwise. Hence I checked

Just got my lawyers bill for asking him to please read through our contract and advise on how to proceed should we wish to terminate our builders service. Had a 1 hour meeting (was done in 30mins except he kept going over everything in what seemed to be an attempt to stretch the meeting to an hour) got 3 emails from him and a bill of close to $3000. Wondering how much more it will come to to actually terminate the builders 'service' (or lack thereof). Ouch - has anyone got an idea how much this will cost all up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Just got my lawyers bill for asking him to please read through our contract and advise on how to proceed should we wish to terminate our builders service. Had a 1 hour meeting (was done in 30mins except he kept going over everything in what seemed to be an attempt to stretch the meeting to an hour) got 3 emails from him and a bill of close to $3000. Wondering how much more it will come to to actually terminate the builders 'service' (or lack thereof). Ouch - has anyone got an idea how much this will cost all up?

Did is you ask for a quote?

Yes he said its about $400/hour and he is a senior partner. I was expecting $800-$1200 bill, but we have not even taken action yet to serve the notice of default. It is 1 standard Contract, the schedule of payment, 12 emails and a 1 hour meeting. That means he spent roughly 6 hours on this plus GST?

You can challenge the bill just like any other service provider. 5 hrs for 12 emails seems excessive even for someone who can't touch type

Do you know what time he's spent behind the scenes doing other checks, referencing similar cases, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
    You can challenge the bill just like any other service provider. 5 hrs for 12 emails seems excessive even for someone who can't touch type
    The 12 emails had been written by me to the builder itemising what I was unhappy with during the course of the year. The lawyer just had to read them!

Quote Originally Posted by Learning View Post
    Do you know what time he's spent behind the scenes doing other checks, referencing similar cases, etc.
    No idea what checks he needed to do as my instruction was for him to review all I gave him and let me know what ALL my various options were. On meeting with the lawyer had did tell us he was familiar with the building company as there had been a query by another client many years ago.

Thread Information