• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter MobilizeMail follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on RSS

Latest Threads/Videos

News and Views

Most Active - Last 30 Days

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Property Manager in Rotorua - Inspire Property/RentAssured

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with either Amanda from Property Inspire, or Debbie/Tracy from RentAssured?

I am very unhappy with my current property manager (Ray White) and these are 2 companies that have been mentioned to me.

Would be interested in positive/negative opinions from anyone that has or currently is using either of the above. If you prefer you can PM me.

Appreciate the help.

I work with Debbie and know her quite well, she is a successful Property Finder at iFindProperty and more importantly a good investor.

RentAssured is a new entrant in the market, she set it up after her preferred property managers were bought out by bigger companies who she saw weren't adding the staff numbers to provide the right duty of care and there was a gap of independent PM's. It's built on the systems designed by Fiona Dickson in Tokoroa, another tougher rental market so the systems are proven.

I don't know Amanda so can't comment there.

I rate Debbie very highly, she is also a JP as of this year and a long time president of RSPCA and the local PIA. I don't have any financial involvement in Rent Assured. However since I am close to her you may wish for another opinion, it is a new business however so that might not be easy. I think it will grow quickly. I believe she won the NZPIF landlord of the year in the past.

Feel free to ask if I can help any more.
    Last edited by Nick G; 02-12-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    Free online Property Investment Course fromiFindProperty, the best place for Kiwis to buy their next rental property.

Thanks Nick. I think the situation you described behind the set up of RentAssured is exactly what happened with my property. My previous property manager (who was excellent and was recommended by Maree from ifindproperty in 2014) was recently bought out by a big company and the service has quickly gone downhill.

Appreciate the feedback, will probably get in touch with Debbie shortly.

Happy to help, slightly biased view I know but we did look at this quite carefully when she proposed it and were comfortable good systems from RA. Debbie knows her stuff.
    Last edited by Nick G; 02-12-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Free online Property Investment Course fromiFindProperty, the best place for Kiwis to buy their next rental property.

No idea on her capabilities of running a PM company, but in terms of personality and professionalism I rank Debbie very highly. LJ Hooker bought out my previous PM, and have been ok so far - but when they disappoint, Debbie will be my first call.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyacat View Post
    have been ok so far - but when they disappoint, Debbie will be my first call.
    Your confidence in them is inspiring.
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Hi Thobe230

Good post.

Me personally I would be wary of new start ups, they might be a great property manager so have the technical experience but not so much the business experience.

There is a truck load of information to learn from HR, recruitment and knowing how to pick good people, people management and if there new at it they will make mistakes which will be handed down to the landlords. So perhaps find out from them how much prior business experience they have and if they have ever started up and ran a company before.

Any one can start a PM business but to manage it successfully is a totally different story.

Hope this helps
    Fraser Wilkinson
    www.managemyrental.co.nz
    Wellington / Lower Hutt / Upper Hutt / Porirua

Pretty sure she won some landlord of the year award a number of years back? Can anyone else comment on this??
    Fraser Wilkinson
    www.managemyrental.co.nz

Yes she did.

What do they judge you on for the landlord of the year?
    Fraser Wilkinson
    www.managemyrental.co.nz

Thread Information