• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook

Default Wall Mounted Ventilation System

Does anyone have any experience or advice on the effectiveness of Wall Mounted Ventilation Systems?

Our PPOR has a flat roof (no cavity) so we do not have any options for the standard HRV/DVS-type positive pressure ventilation systems. Today I received an email from DVS introducing their Wall Mounted Ventilation System, which appears to be a Mitsubish Electric VL-100(E)U5-E or VL-100E. (I wanted to post some links for easier reference but the forum wouldn't allow me to)

I guess what I'm interested in is whether or not say 3 of these wall mounted systems could push out all the stale air in a relatively large 2-story house and keep it dry (and therefore healthier hopefully!).

I have asked the Unovent guy this very question.

No they don't have one.

Hi Shoyu, can you please send me a personal message with links to what DVS sent you? I am also looking for a wall mounted solution. Thanks.

Hi Judge, personal message sent (though I'm not sure if it was actually sent as the forum said I can only PM staff until my post count is 10)... let me know

If it's the Mitsubishi Lossnay unit that has been around for at least 5 years as I used to sell them.
    Still have to have ducting running to the rooms so no good retrofitting 2 storied house or mono pitch.
    I too would like a heat pump and ventilation system for a 2 storied house with mono pitch roof, ours can be ducted underneath and come up through the ground floor as house on piles. If anyone knows of a system like that let me know.

It's quite obvious from the specs googled by model numbers that the system doesn't have any ducts and is obviously suitable, and will probably provide a good solution as it even has a heat exchanger in each unit.

I don't think it will be cheap. It costs equal to about $500NZD in Europe (per room), so I guess will be twice more expensive here in NZ, plus installation, plus GST...

Actually I have been quoted four times that amount over the phone. I hope to hear more from the company soon.

Unovent has an option. Give them a call. Maybe they have it on website by now

Hi , I am having a property built later this year, with a mono pitch roof. Have you come across a German company called Wolf, they sell a really neat looking system that fits though a wall. It is available in NZ for about $4500. I am sorry I do not have the number handy at the moment, I know that a few tiny homes have used it,.

Thread Information