• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Many homes being passed in with no bids at Barfoot & Thompson's latest auctions


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Same as after 1 Oct 2015, and we all know what happens after Feb 2016.

    Central Barfoot auction room is still pretty reasonable, 40-50% success rate on the day

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    124

    Default

    only difference this time is that not only has the LVR increased again banks are looking to increase mortgage rates as well. what happens after February 2017 will be very interesting.

    anyone have any thoughts on what will happen after February 2017 ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big fella View Post
    anyone have any thoughts on what will happen after February 2017 ?
    Auckland market warms again. Supply and demand.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big fella View Post
    only difference this time is that not only has the LVR increased again banks are looking to increase mortgage rates as well.
    Mortgage lending apparently dropped 26% in October.

    So the banks are keeping their interest rate margins for their profit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Lin View Post
    Same as after 1 Oct 2015, and we all know what happens after Feb 2016.

    Central Barfoot auction room is still pretty reasonable, 40-50% success rate on the day
    what happened after Feb 2016? The last gasp of a dead bull rally in property. The 40% LVR was a sledgehammer that stopped price appreciation in its tracks.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Auckland market warms again. Supply and demand.
    Or it cools or it goes bananas. Just too many uncertainties really. I can't see any disasters ahead for Auckland economically. In fact part of our best place in the world to live award last week was built on how well governed we are as a nation, which really means Auckland. So go go gadget gary, keep the buying machine rolling I reckon.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
    Or it cools or it goes bananas. Just too many uncertainties really. I can't see any disasters ahead for Auckland economically. In fact part of our best place in the world to live award last week was built on how well governed we are as a nation, which really means Auckland. So go go gadget gary, keep the buying machine rolling I reckon.
    I think this time round different parts of Auckland will perform wildly different compared to before.

    The 40% deposit is a major change.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Lin View Post
    I think this time round different parts of Auckland will perform wildly different compared to before.

    The 40% deposit is a major change.

    Which parts of Auckland are these?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incident View Post
    Which parts of Auckland are these?
    Imo investor rich areas will be hardest hit and harder to recover.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2017, 12:18 PM
  2. Barfoot and Thompson report falling Auckland sale prices
    By Kbkiwi in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-12-2016, 02:34 PM
  3. Release of bids in tenders
    By Beano in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 31-05-2016, 06:27 PM
  4. Auctions - How to bid? And Vendor's bids?
    By Curious in forum Finance, legal and tax (NZ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20-10-2013, 02:29 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 07:09 PM
  6. Barfoot & Thompson raises fees
    By OllyN in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-08-2009, 11:20 PM
  7. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 21-04-2009, 01:59 PM
  8. Barfoot & Thompson say prices fell in Sept
    By essence in forum Regions News (NZ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 10:20 AM
  9. Barfoot Auctions
    By Tucker in forum General (NZ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 26-09-2008, 06:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •