Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you allow current tenants to have a puppy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
    Advance forward 6 months later i had to go and fix a leak at the same property and was met by not 1 small dog , but 2!!!!
    Obviously it needed a friend

Comment

Awwwww. Cute. Sometimes a good thing to have 2 dogs as one by itself can go stir crazy and start interesting habits like shoe eating and howling. Just curious, how is the property now with the 2 hounds of the baskervilles? Any dog related issues?

Comment

Hi Johnnyandtina

Me personally I would say no, but you do mention there good tenants so perhaps go with your gut?

How many weeks bond did they pay? If they paid three I would get another week to take it to four weeks.

You can enter into a pet agreement but at the end of the day a piece of paper isn't going to stop any pet related damage, but as I said, me personally, no way.

Hope that helps
        Fraser Wilkinson
        www.managemyrental.co.nz
        Wellington / Lower Hutt / Upper Hutt / Porirua

Comment

I was wondering if I should allow pets in a rental I am about to advertise. I just spoke to tenancy services and even got a confirmation from the person who spoke to their senior advisor that while you can't charge a pet bond, its not considered discrimination if you charge a pet fee. i.e yes you can have your puppy, but it will cost you $20 extra per week in rent. Maybe allowing an adult rescue toilet trained dog is a better idea than a puppy.

Comment

Working...
          X