• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Airnb

cheers sidinz - I was hoping No means maybe however in this case No means No - I appreciate you taking the time to explain what I can/can't claim

Quote Originally Posted by clueless one View Post
    cheers sidinz - I was hoping No means maybe however in this case No means No - I appreciate you taking the time to explain what I can/can't claim
    No worries, just like lawyers, our resident accountants are likely to hedge their answers a bit because they know that there are rare and technical situations in which some part may be claimable. But as a general rule, it's a 'no.'
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Bookabach has now teamed up with Initio to provide holiday home insurance.

in the inner city

ray white property management have been talking about setting up an airbnb management systems

if they are doing it and you went with them to manage it check their exit clause

most property management companies need 1 month notice, thought i heard RW require 1 year!

https://rwponsonby.co.nz/blog/2017/m...ars-and-sense/
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

That's going to be useful.

Got into Insurance and Tax/Rates a fair bit on the second half of this webinar a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIPn1LAlsGk

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly14 View Post
    Bookabach has now teamed up with Initio to provide holiday home insurance.
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

I think that the fire in CHCh yesterday where 10 people were injured/escaped was being used as a B&B rental. Haven't heard what caused it yet but several people suffered burns in the blaze

Quote Originally Posted by Courham View Post
    I think that the fire in CHCh yesterday where 10 people were injured/escaped was being used as a B&B rental. Haven't heard what caused it yet but several people suffered burns in the blaze

logfire was the cause I read.

From $290 a week to $4000 a month - boost from joining Airbnb
    8 Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuff
    A decision to try Airbnb instead of a traditional rental arrangement has allowed Hawke's Bay woman Emma Hagen to double the money she earns from a cottage on her property. Originally, it was let for $290 a week to long-term tenants. But when the most recent tenancy ended, Hagen decided it was time to try something different.

That was in June. Since then, the cottage has had an 80 per cent occupancy rate via Airbnb, at a base rate of $80 a night for two people – with an added $20 a night for any extra people staying. There is also a $40 cleaning fee. During the Christmas and New Year period, Airbnb hiked the rate in response to a shortage of accommodation.
    Try Radenbrea Studios for hand-made designer jewellery. Especially if you're looking for a great gift for your lady love.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Yes, and the workload to make it happen was also noted !

This is going to encourage more tenants to take this on when they are not usually allowed to by their lease agreement !!

Wonder how winter will be for such places?

Living on site would helpful, but also be something of a tie. But I imagine it's possible to block out dates, to have a break - either home or away.

The Taupo experience was reportedly rather different.

Taupo rental market tight, but ex-Airbnb homes joining market might offer hope

Try Radenbrea Studios for hand-made designer jewellery. Especially if you're looking for a great gift for your lady love.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Thread Information