Another Tenant Bleeding Heart Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
    If what you claim happened, then clearly the media got it wrong and had to retract. Haven't you noticed a bit of that lately?
    Remember Davo is only going by what he reads - he didn't make the story in the paper.
    Certainly a lesson to only believe half of what you read - which half is the tricky bit.

Comment

The page itself says that it was last updated the 9th September. So I don't think the story has changed. It has always said that telling a potential landlord that she has five kids gets a reaction as if she'd told them she had two pitbulls.
      My blog. From personal experience.
      http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
        The page itself says that it was last updated the 9th September. So I don't think the story has changed. It has always said that telling a potential landlord that she has five kids gets a reaction as if she'd told them she had two pitbulls.
        Reading comprehension issue then on Davo's part.

Comment

It has always said that telling a potential landlord that she has five kids gets a reaction as if she'd told them she had two pitbulls.
          Where? I can't find that.

And I guess they might have updated it without changing the story date?

The story also said she had been in her current home for 4 years now. I can't find that bit either.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

There Today - Gone Tomorrow

It's not really an issue here, but there is a lesson to be learned. (I have learned, but even then, I sometimes forget)

When you spot something of importance on the Interwebz, keep a copy. There are several ways. A screenshot is good - may need more than one if the story is long. [Save As] web page is a common browser option, too.

There today and gone in the next hour (or longer) is always a possibility on the Interwebz.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
              Where? I can't find that.

And I guess they might have updated it without changing the story date?

The story also said she had been in her current home for 4 years now. I can't find that bit either.
              "I found with having five kids that it's like telling a landlord you've got a couple of pit bulls - they don't want it, they presume kids are going to wreck the house so it's been really difficult just to get someone to let us have a house."
              Last updated 15:57, September 9 2016
              Given the exact time stamp, I would think it's probably an automatic mechanism that date stamps any edits.

Sarah is not currently homeless - she's been in her Lower Hutt rental property for about four years - but spent about 10 years going "sort of back and forward" to find somewhere to stay.
              My blog. From personal experience.
              http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

And this part?
                When she did find a place, some landlords took advantage of her "desperate" situation by raising the rent, refusing to fix leaking pipes or mouldy walls, and holding onto the bond instead of lodging it with authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                  There today and gone in the next hour (or longer) is always a possibility on the Interwebz.
                  Yeah... there's a bit of that around here too.

Comment

Established Forumites can edit their posts for up to 24 hours after posting. After that, super-powers are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                      Remember Davo is only going by what he reads - he didn't make the story in the paper.
                      Certainly a lesson to only believe half of what you read - which half is the tricky bit.
                      Thats easy ..the blank bit on the top ,bottom and sides..

Comment

Working...
                      X