5 reasons not to buy a house in Auckland right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 reasons not to buy a house in Auckland right now

Yet most were saying not to buy in 2010 even and look what happened.
    Last edited by Bluecoat; 25-08-2016, 08:40 PM.

#4 is amusing, by amusing I mean 100% wrong
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Stupid journeyman journalist

Comment

...........can't believe what I am reading

Comment

all just clickbait nowadays

bit like talkback radio

run a story with 1 strongly worded side of an argument

wait for the reaction

then run the other side - doesn't matter how nonsensical - more rubbish the better - draws people in

like trump

don't need to be fair, balanced, logical

sense doesn't sell

emotion does
          Last edited by eri; 26-08-2016, 10:49 AM.
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

Point 2 "Who would pay the $1.1 million someone paid in 2014 for a house worth $800,000 when a similar home in a new subdivision 10 minutes away can be purchased bang on valuation for $700,000?"

Really? Someone guide me to where this $700k house that is comparable?

Comparing a property purchased as freehold with some land vs an apartment or townhouse with body corp is NOT the same.
            www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
            # Property Management
            # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Also, point 3 "One Asian property investor, who wanted to be referred to as "Angela", told Newshub she's selling all 25 of her Auckland properties because of a "fear of house price drops" and the "possibility of more tax on her profits""

I find the above so hard to believe as true. Anyone could call Newshub and pretend to be an investor.
              www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
              # Property Management
              # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

#1 111,000 new houses built.

who will build these houses ?

Comment

Hard to ever believe the media.
                  What I see for what its worth in Auckland right now, Developer market still very strong, home buyer market still very strong, investor market flattening, harder for the new investors in the Sth Akl area coming up with 40%, could have some effect on some areas coming up...
                  To Sell or Buy Investment Property contact us. 0800 NZ PROPERTY or 021 402990
                  www.propertyventures.co.nz
                  *New* Check out our weekly free property show http://propertyventures.co.nz/podcast

Comment

Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
                    Also, point 3 "One Asian property investor, who wanted to be referred to as "Angela", told Newshub she's selling all 25 of her Auckland properties because of a "fear of house price drops" and the "possibility of more tax on her profits""

I find the above so hard to believe as true. Anyone could call Newshub and pretend to be an investor.
                    Funniest things is the "Labour leader Andrew Little has committed to banning offshore ownership of New Zealand properties, "even if that means disobeying the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement to do so". - Assumes Labour are in Government and would test the TPP quite nicely.
                    DFTBA

Comment

Working...
                    X