Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No emails for watched threads?

Hi,
    I'm not getting emails for threads I have "daily updates" for, anyone else have this happening?

There was a thread about this a few months ago. Apparently it's your junkmail filter if you're subscribed (it can be turned on or off) and nothing's arriving.

I stopped receiving mine ages ago. They're not making it into my inbox or junkmail folder. I got one lonely one that must have somehow slipped through, a couple of weeks ago.
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I think that thread was about not being able to unsubscribe which I started. That's all working now. It might be part of the change over Donna was warning us about where whole site stopped working properly for 2 days?

Comment

Hi All,

Hotmail doesn't deal nicely with PropertyTalk forum alert emails - some get through but not a lot.

Gmail is nicer.

cheers,

Donna
        Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
          I think that thread was about not being able to unsubscribe which I started.
          Yes, but discussion moved on to those who weren't getting notifications but wanted them.
          My blog. From personal experience.
          http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

The original poster may be confusing the daily news emails with their actual permissions in the forum. More detail is required.

I have subscribed to a thread I've not posted in to test this out.

Regards,

Donna
            Last edited by donna; 20-08-2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Original poster here. I was receiving notifications for threads I'm subscribed to, then a few days ago they stopped coming. I haven't changed any permissions??
              Checked in junk mail, nothing there, help please.

Yesterday I unsubscribed from a couple of threads and re-subscribed to see if that would work but apparently not.

I've just logged out and in again to see if that helps.
              Last edited by phoenixx; 20-08-2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Okay got it - yes may be to do with the HTTPS we're now on - I will find out from the techie.

thanks

Donna

Comment

I subscribed to a thread I haven't posted in and I got the email. Therefore a reasonable assumption to make is the change we made to make our site recently so it's more secure under the SSL which resulted in a new IP Address has meant you need to save the sender email address (which I believe is my address [email protected]) in your contacts AKA safe senders list in your email app. This will mean you get the email in your inbox. If you're not getting the email at all (i.e. not in your Junk Folder etc) then the safe sender action needs to take place at your email service provider web mail inbox (this is where your email is received before it is sent to your computer etc).

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Hi Donna,
                    I've saved the email address in my webmail and will report back

Comment

Hi again Donna,
                      I followed your advice and put [email protected] into "addresses" on my email server. Still not getting emails, so I then also put it into my address book on my computer but still nothing?
                      I've checked on the site and there are replies to threads I'm subscribed to so I should be getting emails, where to from here?
                      Thanks

Comment

Still not getting email alerts

Comment

Please put in [email protected] - in your safe senders list (contacts) as the sender email address has now changed.

Comment

Ok. Done that on server and computer so hope it works, thanks Donna

Comment

Working...
                            X