Cautious Market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluecoat View Post
    I get the feeling the new restrictions have really choked the wind of the momentum that was. 6months ago even 2 bedroom units were selling like hot cakes, The prop I was interested in had no bidders. The agent still are trying to convince people to offer at the high end.

Lots of properties are coming on the market now, many auctions still. cant understand why when the landscape is changing and vendor is paying for everything with no end result.
    Agreed, an agent I had not heard from for a while rang me up to tell me about some new property coming to the market, he is not my number 1 agent and although early in the piece I think agents are working extra hard at the moment, regardless of what they are saying.

As I am now trading I am being EXTRA cautious about what price I am paying, I cannot afford for property to sit around, especially as I am using 2nd tier lenders due to the LVR changes. It has to be having an effect and others also.

FH
    Last edited by Frezzinghot; 23-08-2016, 08:18 PM.
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Originally posted by lissie View Post
      Went and saw this fairly awful property on the w/end - is adjacent to not one but 2 run-down industrial/commercal sections. Running water under the house, some extremely questionable renovations, nothing but concrete outside. The open home was busy with apparently serious investors ... (oh and a cross lease too) http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...1134779312.htm
      Sold sign went up 1 day before the deadline date! I wait with interest to see the price paid.

55 Main Rd, Titahi Bay RV 315 - for when the TM listing goes away
      Last edited by lissie; 24-08-2016, 02:34 PM.
      Lis:

Helping NZ authors get their books published

Comment

Originally posted by lissie View Post
        Sold sign went up 1 day before the deadline date! I wait with interest to see the price paid.
        55 Main Rd, Titahi Bay RV 315 - for when the TM listing goes away
        care to guess? - my bet is $375k revised down due to subdivided block and neighboring on industrial properties.
        Last edited by Don't believe the Hype; 24-08-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
          care to guess? - my bet is $375k revised down due to subdivided block and neighboring on industrial properties.
          Hmmm I wouldn't say more than $360 k ....
          Lis:

Helping NZ authors get their books published

Comment

AUCTION RESULTS

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 VIEW HERE
            Tuesday, August 16, 2016 VIEW HERE

LVR and other restrictions?

No Asians?

WINTER?

all of the above ? or its all going downhill from here
            Last edited by Bluecoat; 26-08-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Barfoots auctions are arguably the worst so not necessarily a good indicator. Ray White out East had most passed in 2 weeks ago and all but 1 sold last week. I think it's more about auctions not being so fashionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecoat View Post
                AUCTION RESULTS

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 VIEW HERE
                Tuesday, August 16, 2016 VIEW HERE

LVR and other restrictions?

No Asians?

WINTER?

all of the above ? or its all going downhill from here

How did you get those links?

Comment

Working...