Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of moving major wastewater pipe

Hi all

I have a question regarding an Auckland property which I hope someone can answer.

Watercare specifies that we would need to relocate a wastewater pipe if we want to build over it (I can't post links but see "works over" section of their website). Hence we would need to do this before subdividing or replacing the existing dwelling. It is zoned business (mixed use) in the UP.

There are two pipes under the property, intersecting at a manhole. The pipe diameter is 575mm and runs out of the property under a major arterial road. The section is approx 18 * 38 and I estimate there is about 50m of pipes, plus the manhole.

Does anyone know roughly how much this would cost? The purpose of this question is only to get a ballpark figure, not an accurate quote. I just have no idea whether it would be 10k, 20k, 100k, or more?

i would say more than 50k

Comment

You would need to go to a surveyor to start with I imagine, PM me if you'd like an intro to one who won't gouge :-)
      Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
        You would need to go to a surveyor to start with I imagine, PM me if you'd like an intro to one who won't gouge :-)
        Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I can't PM you yet as I do not have enough posts - but please send me one if you can.

Comment

Working...
        X