Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40% deposit requirement - what is exempt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40% deposit requirement - what is exempt?

Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
    My Website
    Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

What about loans that are not new lending, but are transferred? I'm thinking of the situation where an investor disposes of a property and transfers the fixed loan to a new purchase.
    It's a new purchase, but technically isn't new lending. Where does this stand?
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
      What about loans that are not new lending, but are transferred? I'm thinking of the situation where an investor disposes of a property and transfers the fixed loan to a new purchase.
      It's a new purchase, but technically isn't new lending. Where does this stand?
      Currently ANZ bank is saying any changes will allow them to review lending and expectation is that they want people to achieve 60% LVR... i think Bob said it well in a post earlier - lay low and avoid discussions with the bank at this point unless you're prepared to get to 60% LVR on your portfolio.

Comment

Interestingly I now have 2 non banks offering 80% with pretty good rates.

Comment

Which ones?

AFAIK exempt is new construction, PPOR and of course anyone borrowing from the multitude of other on-shore and offshore lenders.
          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

My understanding is the non banks are not bound by the new rules, they all can do whatever they like. Resimac, first mortgage, NZ home loans etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
              My understanding is the non banks are not bound by the new rules, they all can do whatever they like. Resimac, first mortgage, NZ home loans etc.
              That is correct - RBNZ regulates banks and these rules are made for them to follow.

Comment

Hamish Patel (mortgage broker mortgagesonline.co.nz) explains some of the exemptions to the new 40% deposit rule for investment mortgage borrowers. This has ...

Here is the working link
                Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
                My Website
                Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

That is right! My comprehension is the non-banks are not bound by the new standards, they all can do whatever they like. Many Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X