Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQC - Chimney Replacement Programme

Hi,

Has anybody been part of this programme?

I thought I was approved 4~ years ago and made a thread here, but was then rejected for unknown reasons. After a re-inspection last month for other damage I am now approved for a replacement heat source.

I was wondering what you got out of it.

Did you get a heat-pump, wood fire, pellet fire, or gas flue heater?
    Did the gas flue heater option include gas fires?

If you went for a heat source not in the original fireplace location, what was done to fix the existing fireplace? Was it removed and gibed? Did they fix the floor around the fireplace?

Thanks for the input!

Yes, I had one house done under the chimney replacement programme. The chimney was removed to ceiling height and the hole tiled over. No change to the rooms inside. As the lounge already had a heat pump, a new heat pump was installed into another room.

Comment

Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
      Yes, I had one house done under the chimney replacement programme. The chimney was removed to ceiling height and the hole tiled over. No change to the rooms inside. As the lounge already had a heat pump, a new heat pump was installed into another room.
      Thanks for the reply .

That's great you got an extra heatpump in a new location in the house as that is another option I was hoping for.

With the inside - did you attempt to have the fireplace removed and gibed or was that not something you were interested in?

I figure if I can't get the gas fire in the fireplace location then I will get a wood fire or a heatpump in a different location.
      But I really need the fireplace floor and wall replaced with gib and floor boards in that case.

Comment

Woe is me.

This has now gone to EQC complaints. They think I am entitled to nothing ;(

Chimney damaged significantly.
        Call fire department. They say too dangerous to remove.
        Strap for safety.
        Remove urgently with builder to ceiling height.
        Fletchers complete repairs as it was under $10,000 at the time (minor plastering and painting)
        Chimney is ignored. Receive no payout, no new chimney, no fireplace remediation.

A few years after the skim plastering and painting, a few more eqs, this is what my chimney wall looks like.
        Fireplace painted white and hiding behind a couch, and the red lines are all new cracks. Chimney is still in the wall.

Other side;

If anybody else has examples of chimney loss and what you received if would be great to get some examples to use in my complaint.
        Last edited by Psilan; 24-06-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X