Leaky home purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky home purchase

We are looking at purchasing our second property. Dream site, lovely home. Leaky however. Old owner has an open and accepted claim to fix of $210,000+ but we will not be able to make this claim as new owners (we have a copy of all documentation)

Questions:

Can we get insurance on a leaky home?

Can you purchase a home with no CCC?

If so what are your recommendations or experience in the above issue

Please Note:

NO health factors are an issue in this property (we have a copy of the full report to assure this - less than 12months old)
    NO further damage is ongoing, i.e. the house has been sealed (also in the report)

It is a livable home and if and when we decide to repair or rebuild the cost + sale price is still way below potential value.

TIA

I believe you can get insurance, because insurance doesn't pay out on gradual deterioration anyway. They may make it much more plain than normal.

You can also purchase a home with no CCC, but if you need mortgage finance to do so you will often find that the bank concerned won't lend without one. Occasionally a bank lends without a final CCC, but I often wonder if that is because they just didn't know one hasn't been issued. When buying a leaky home your bank would need full disclosure of the details.

If however you have the cash already and don't need a bank then you can buy what you like.

Comment

Working...
    X