Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Hutt - areas to avoid?

Hi!

I am pushed out of the central Wellington market, have about 80k to invest and thinking about Lower Hutt / Petone area. A small 3 bed needs work?

Does anyone know what areas (streets) should I avoid? Not too keen on HNZ property, high crime rate, P labs, that sort of thing.
    there was a shooting in Naenae a few days ago. (

Cheers!

Why Lower Hutt? Any reason to limit your search? Why not Tawa or Titahi Bay?

Comment

Ditto, Titahi bay is a great spot.
      Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Generally seemed more options in the Hutt. There are at least 10+ reno projects up on TradeMe, lot of them PBN.

Comment

if you're making investment decisions based on which of the currently available properties for sale is a bit like playing Russian roulette...

Build a plan - set some investment criteria then be patient and wait for the right opportunity to surface - then move fast to secure the property.

the right first step will advance you fast - the wrong one could set you back.

Comment

yeah, just did a quick research, only about 2-3 houses fits my criteria in Tawa + Titahi Bay combined

Comment

2-3 is perfect... How many are you looking to buy?

Comment

fair points!
                btw, any particular reasons you are against lower hutt? many people do really well there

Comment

What makes you think I'm not against it... Just asked why you limited yourself to one location.

PM me what you're looking for... You'll be surprised what is there when you know where to look!

Comment

great, thanks, sending you a pm

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                      2-3 is perfect... How many are you looking to buy?
                      This.

Also get in the ear of some local agents. We don't get many of our properties through Trademe. Make sure your lending is lined up so you can move fast however.
                      Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

all sorted on lending, I am putting in cash unconditional offers in Welly but there is someone always putting in crazy offers in the last minute.

anyhow, still would love to know what areas to avoid in Lower Hutt? what are the dangerous streets? HNZ?
                        Ta!

Comment

Do you plan to self manage? If not look for a PM and get them involved during your DD, if they won't manage it don't buy it.

Also, don't forget about sun issues.
                          Last edited by Nick G; 24-04-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Petone is relatively closer to wellington and a fast developing area. If you can get a cheapie that is more the question
                            Doug

Comment

Working...
                            X