No announcement yet.

Right to Convey Telecommunication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what if one owner doesn't want fibre, but Chorus decides that the cheapest installation is to dig up his land?
    Under this new rule, it sounds like they could go ahead and do it. So the person who doesn't want it gets his lawn ripped up and something ugly run up his wall for no benefit.
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
      And what if one owner doesn't want fibre, but Chorus decides that the cheapest installation is to dig up his land?
      Under this new rule, it sounds like they could go ahead and do it. So the person who doesn't want it gets his lawn ripped up and something ugly run up his wall for no benefit.
      (Emphasis added)

No. All the land to the road is shared.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
        (Emphasis added)

No. All the land to the road is shared.
        In your case/scenario, maybe. Can you say for certain that they will all be like that?
        My blog. From personal experience.
        http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sidinz View Post
          In your case/scenario, maybe. Can you say for certain that they will all be like that?
          At present - if you live in (for example) a block of flats with a shared drive way and common area - it only takes one douchebag to override the rights of everyone else. Unfortunately, that happens.

The proposed legislation is designed to put an end to vexatious and frivolous sorts holding up progress.
          Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 14-04-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Fibre is being installed in my street at the moment. Contractors are Downer with Chorus also around a lot. They are doing a very tidy job of taking up and restoring the footpaths, and also tidying up overhead cables at the same time including some new hollow poles. The guys make a real effort to be polite and considerate too. Nice.

I'm thinking of investing in orange cone manufacturing.

Comment

Working...
            X