Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspecting council records instead of a LIM

Hi there

We don't have enough time to obtain a LIM before auction day and I wondered if inspecting the council records of the property was a good substitute? Any tips / things to look out for would be appreciated.

Thanks
    N

Have you considered contacting the agent running the auction to see if they've got the lim in the properties auction pack?
    Last edited by Monsterbishi; 18-04-2016, 01:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Regardless if the LIM report is available or not, you should 100% check the property file every time before you go to auction, or before an accepted conditional offer goes unconditional.

Comment

They do them instantly in Auckland for $105. They are of more use than the LIM anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
          They do them instantly in Auckland for $105. They are of more use than the LIM anyway.
          Do what sorry?

Comment

Give you the property file if you go in to council.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again.........what's on a LIM report is only what the council has been told about.

Unconsented work, that is work that a home owner has done and hasn't sought a permit for won't be on the file......because the council don't know about it to put it on the file.

In other words, you need to really check that the file matches the property in every respect.

Comment

Working...
              X